RetailMeNot did research to see exactly how much money shoppers are spending on their favorite must-haves.
WTF DID I SPEND MY MONEY ON?
- Nearly half (48%) of consumers spend money on coffee every week, spending an average of $18 a week. This adds up to a whopping $936 a year on coffee alone.
- Over four in five (85%) shoppers buy groceries weekly, spending an average of $115. And nearly three-quarters (74%) of consumers spend money eating out every week, spending an average of $58. This adds up! Those eating out spend an average of $3,016 dollars a year.
- Consumers who use car services like Uber and Lyft spend an average of $45 a week. That comes to $2,340 over the course of a year!
- People who use meal delivery services like Seamless or Delivery.com spend an average of $42.44 a week, or $2,206.88 a year.
- Cheers! Nearly half (48%) of those who were surveyed ages 21+ say they purchase beer in a typical month, spending an average of $50 – for a total of $600 a year!
- Millennials (20-35) typically purchase more beer on a monthly basis than older consumers ($75 vs. $39), meaning Millennials spend an average of $900 a year on beer!
- Red or white? More than two in five (43%) those who are of drinking age purchase wine in a typical month, spending an average of $51. That adds up to over $600 in a year in wine.
- Turns out people spend more money on their dogs than cats. Dog owners spend $221 on pet supplies in a typical month, and cat owners spend an average of $192.
- Grooming is not cheap. Per year, consumers spend an average of $1,471.08 on manicures and pedicures and $1,457.56 on haircuts and hairstyling.
*This data is a result of a June 2016 survey deployed by RetailMeNot and Kelton.
RetailMeNot (http://www.retailmenot.com/corp/) is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out. During the 12 months ended June 30, 2016, RetailMeNot, Inc. experienced over 688 million visits to its websites. It also averaged 18.8 million mobile unique visitors per month during the three months ended June 30, 2016. RetailMeNot, Inc. estimates that approximately $4.8 billion in retailer sales were attributable to consumer transactions from paid digital offers in its marketplace in 2015, more than $600 million of which were attributable to its in-store solution. The RetailMeNot, Inc. portfolio of websites and mobile applications includes RetailMeNot.com in the United States; RetailMeNot.ca in Canada; VoucherCodes.co.uk in the United Kingdom; retailmenot.de in Germany; Actiepagina.nl in the Netherlands; ma-reduc.com and Poulpeo.com in France; RetailMeNot.es in Spain, RetailMeNot.it in Italy, RetailMeNot.pl in Poland and GiftCardZen.com and Deals2Buy.com in North America. RetailMeNot, Inc. is listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol "SALE." Investors interested in learning more about the company can visit http://investor.retailmenot.com.
For more information, please contact:
Alison Brod PR
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130312/DA74245LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wtf-did-i-spend-my-money-on-retailmenot-launches-program-highlighting-what-consumers-spend-their-money-on-most-frequently-300330718.html