SHANGHAI, Dec. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- WuXi PharmaTech (Cayman) Inc., a leading open-access R&D capability and technology platform company serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, with operations in China and the United States, announced the winners of the ninth annual WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Awards at a ceremony held on December 13 at Diaoyutai State Guesthouse in Beijing.
Originated in 2007, the WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Awards are the first nationwide scientific awards in China established by a life science enterprise. The awards aim to stimulate early-stage innovation and to promote excellence in life science and clinical research. Participants were carefully selected by a committee comprised of distinguished experts from Chinese life science academia and industry.
"Congratulations to all of the award winners for their exceptional scientific accomplishments," said Dr. Ge Li, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of WuXi PharmaTech. "WuXi is delighted to present this award to recognize these bright scholars in China whose research can help our global industry to better understand diseases and find more effective cures."
Since its inception, 146 scholars from more than 30 premier Chinese universities and research institutes have received WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Awards, of whom eleven were later elected to the Chinese Academy of Sciences or the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
Winners of the 2015 Outstanding Achievements Awards included:
- Prof. Yihan Chen, Medical College of Tongji University
- Prof. Feng Zhang, College of Life Science, Fudan University
- Prof. Jiafu Ji, Beijing Cancer Hospital
Winners of the 2015 Scholar Awards included:
- Prof. Yingyan Yu, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine
- Prof. Zhanju Liu, Shanghai Tenth People's Hospital
- Prof. Zuguo Liu, Medical College of Xiamen University
- Dr. Ang Li, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Junmin Li, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine
- Prof. Qiurong Li, Nanjing General Hospital of Nanjing Military Command
- Prof. Haitao Li, Medical College of Tsinghua University
- Prof. Peifeng Li, Institute for Translational Medicine, Qingdao University
- Prof. Luoting Yu, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, Sichuan University
- Prof. Xue Zhang, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
- Prof. Zijiang Chen, Medical College of Shandong University
- Prof. Rongbin Zhou, College of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China
- Prof. Jingpin Zhen, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical University
- Dr. Yanhui Xu, Biomedical Research Institute of Fudan University
- Dr. Xuefeng Guo, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
About WuXi PharmaTech
WuXi PharmaTech is a leading open-access R&D capability and technology platform company serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries, with operations in China and the United States. As a research-driven and customer-focused company, WuXi PharmaTech provides a broad and integrated portfolio of services throughout the drug and medical device R&D process. WuXi is also building a platform to provide clinical diagnostic services directly to physicians and their patients globally. WuXi PharmaTech's services are designed to assist its global partners in shortening the cycle and lowering the cost of drug and medical device R&D. WuXi PharmaTech's operating subsidiaries are known as WuXi AppTec. For more information, please visit http://www.wuxiapptec.com.
For more information, please contact:
Ronald Aldridge (for investors)
Aaron Shi (for media)
Director, Corporate Communications
SOURCE WuXi PharmaTech (Cayman) Inc.