Zagat Honors Next Generation of Restaurant Industry Leaders
NEW YORK, Feb. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Zagat Survey announced its inaugural San Francisco 30 Under 30 list today. Compiled by Zagat's editorial team, the list spotlights the up-and-coming chefs, mixologists, restaurateurs and other industry trailblazers under the age of 30 who are helping to define the new generation of culinary greatness in the Bay Area.
"We're proud to identify the new generation of industry professionals that we believe will blaze trails in the Bay Area," said Tim Zagat , Co-Founder and Co-Chair of Zagat Survey. "These young leaders are both in the front and back of the house. They include managers, owners, sommeliers, chefs, cocktail experts and even publishers. They are all worthy of recognition for their business' success. They give us optimism for the future of San Francisco's food and wine industry."
Zagat's 2012 San Francisco 30 Under 30:
- Francis Ang , Pastry Chef, Fifth Floor (27)
- Ian Begg , Chef-Owner of Txoko and Naked Lunch (29)
- Evan Bloom and Leo Beckerman , Co-Owners, Wise Sons Jewish Delicatessen (26 and 28)
- Danny Bowien , Executive Chef, Mission Chinese (28)
- John Paul Carmona , Pastry Chef, Manresa (28)
- Melissa Chou , Pastry Chef, Aziza (29)
- Juan Contreras , Pastry Chef, Atelier Crenn (29)
- Desmond Echavarrie, Sommelier, French Laundry (29)
- Joey Elenterio , Executive Chef, Chez TJ (26)
- Nicole Erny , Exam Manager for the Cicerone Certification Program® (28)
- Perry Hoffman , Executive Chef, Etoile (27)
- Christopher Kronner , Consulting Chef, St. Vincent (29)
- Alan Kropf , Cocktail Expert, Editor in Chief and Publisher of Mutineer Magazine (28)
- Lena Kwak , Founder of C4C, Research & Development Chef, Thomas Keller Restaurant Group (26)
- Xelina Leyba, General Manager, Commonwealth (29)
- Aaron London , Former Executive Chef, Ubuntu (28)
- Randy Lutz , Executive Chef, Ame (29)
- Andrew Mariani , Vintner, Scribe Winery (29)
- Thomas Martinez , Co-Chef, The Wild Kitchen (25)
- Thomas McNaughton , Chef-Owner, Flour + Water (27)
- Matt McNamara and Teague Moriarty, Chef and Co-Owners of Sons & Daughters (28 and 29)
- Justin Morrison , Co-Owner, Sightglass Coffee (27)
- Eric Railsback , Lead Sommelier & Wine Director at RN74 (26)
- Justin Simoneaux , Executive Chef of Boxing Room (27)
- Carlo Splendorini, Bar Manager, Michael Mina (27)
- Anthony Strong , Executive Chef, Locanda (29)
- Fred Tang , Executive Chef, Spice Kit (28)
- Ethan Terry , Co-Bar Manager, AQ Bar & Restaurant; Co-Founder, Cocktail Lab (28)
- Rodney Wages , Sous-Chef, Morimoto Napa (26)
- Chester Watson , Executive Chef, Trick Dog (29)
For more information including bios and pictures of this year's winners, please visit Zagat's Blog at: http://blog.zagat.com/2012/02/30-under-30-san-franciscos-hottest-up.html
All avid Bay Area diners are invited to rate and review restaurants in Zagat's San Francisco Restaurants Survey, currently available at www.zagat.com/rateSanFran.
About Zagat Survey, LLC:
Known as the "burgundy bible," Zagat Survey is the world's most trusted source for consumer-generated survey information. With a worldwide network of surveyors, Zagat rates and reviews restaurants, hotels, nightlife, movies, music, golf, shopping and a range of other entertainment categories and is lauded as the "most up-to-date," "comprehensive" and "reliable" guide, published on all platforms. Zagat content is available to consumers wherever and whenever they need it: on zagat.com, ZAGAT.mobi, ZAGAT TO GO for smartphones and in book form. In September of 2011, Zagat was acquired by Google Inc.
More by this Source
Zagat Publishes First-ever Mexico City Restaurant Survey
Apr 19, 2013, 06:00 ET
Zagat publica primera encuesta de restaurantes de la Ciudad de México
Apr 19, 2013, 06:00 ET
Zagat Releases 2013 San Francisco Nightlife Survey Covering 601 Bay Area Nightspots
Dec 05, 2012, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.