Zagat Spotlights Young Industry Stars in First-Ever Los Angeles 30 Under 30 List
NEW YORK, Feb. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Zagat Survey announced its first-ever Los Angeles 30 Under 30 list today. Compiled by Zagat's editorial team, the list spotlights up-and-coming chefs, bar managers, pastry chefs, beverage directors and even a cheese monger, all under the age of 30.
"We've created this list to acknowledge the next generation of food and wine professionals who are leading the way in Los Angeles," said Tim Zagat, Co-Founder and Co-Chair of Zagat Survey. "Whether working in the front of the house or the back, behind the bar or in front, these young leaders deserve recognition for their contributions to the Los Angeles restaurant scene."
Zagat's 2012 Los Angeles 30 Under 30:
- Kyle Ackley, Bar Manager, Lexington Social House (28)
- Nyesha Arrington, Executive Chef, Wilshire (28)
- Ludovic Barras, Marketing & Events Director, Fig & Olive (25)
- Drew Berry, Food & Beverage Director, L'Ermitage Beverly Hills (28)
- Jon Carpenter, Brewmaster, Golden Road Brewing (29)
- Eric DeSimone, Sous Chef, Nonna of Italy (20)
- Joshua Drew, Executive Chef, Farmshop (27)
- Tara Emerson, Asst GM, Tavern (28)
- Josh Graves, Pastry Chef, Ray's & Stark Bar (25)
- Ilan Hall, Chef, The Gorbals (29)
- Adam Horton, Executive Chef, Raphael (29)
- Greg Hozinsky, Executive Chef, The Strand House Restaurant, Shade Hotel (28)
- Jordan Kahn, Chef/Partner, Red Medicine (28)
- Justin Katsuno, Sous Chef, Spago (26)
- John-Carlos Kuramoto, Executive Chef, Michael's (24)
- Casey Lane, Executive Chef, The Tasting Kitchen (28)
- Jeff Mahin, Chef, Stella Rossa Pizza Bar (28)
- Bernhard Mairinger, Chef/Owner, BierBeisl (27)
- Zairah Molina, Pastry Sous-Chef, Wolfgang Puck Restaurant at The Bel-Air (25)
- Ricardo Morales, Executive Chef, Steingarten LA (26)
- Angela Ng, Pastry Chef, Livello (26)
- Christina Olufson, Executive Pastry Chef, Lucques, AOC, Tavern, The Larder (28)
- Ross Pangilinan, Executive Chef, Leatherby's Cafe Rouge (28)
- Jason Petrie, Executive Chef, Pinot Provence (27)
- Paige Reilly, Beer Sommelier, Tony's Darts Away, Mohawk Bend (25)
- Craig Thornton, Chef/Owner, Wolvesmouth (29)
- Freddy Vargas, Chef de Cuisine, Scarpetta Beverly Hills (28)
- Bradley Watkins, Cheese Monger, Wally's Cheese Box (29)
- Giselle Wellman, Executive Chef, Petrossian (27)
- Micah Wexler, Executive Chef/Partner, Mezze (29)
For more information including bios and pictures of this year's winners, please visit Zagat's Blog, at http://blog.zagat.com/.
All avid Los Angeles/So. California diners are invited to rate and review restaurants in Zagat's Los Angeles Restaurants Survey, currently available at www.zagat.com/rateLA.
About Zagat Survey, LLC:
Known as the "burgundy bible," Zagat Survey is the world's most trusted source for consumer-generated survey information. With a worldwide network of surveyors, Zagat rates and reviews restaurants, hotels, nightlife, movies, music, golf, shopping and a range of other entertainment categories and is lauded as the "most up-to-date," "comprehensive" and "reliable" guide, published on all platforms. Zagat content is available to consumers wherever and whenever they need it: on zagat.com, ZAGAT.mobi, ZAGAT TO GO for smartphones and in book form. In September of 2011, Zagat was acquired by Google Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.