BOSTON, March 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations' assets, people and transactions, will host a panel discussion on the impact of tracking technology at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference. Titled "Sports Tracking Solutions | The Next Generation," the panel of experts will offer insights on how real-time sport tracking technology and advanced analytics are transforming professional sports, player performance and the fan experience. The panel will take place on Friday, March 11 from 12:15 – 1pm ET.
The Zebra Sports Solution recently propelled Zebra to Fast Company's list of the world's most innovative companies. Using quarter-sized radio frequency identification (RFID) tags embedded in uniforms and RFID receivers placed throughout stadiums, the solution enables sports organizations to gain greater visibility into the action happening on the field. The technology generates real-time sports statistics that helps teams improve performance and gives fans more insights into the game.
- The luncheon panel will be hosted by SportsBusiness Journal Executive Editor Abe Madkour and will include:
- Perkins Miller, chief digital officer & head of Media Operations, NFL Media
- Dean Oliver, VP of Data of Science, TruMedia Networks, Inc.
- Bob Thurman, VP of Innovation, Wilson Sports Goods Co.
- Isiah Kacyvenski, global head of Business Development, Research and Consumer Segments, MC10
- Matt Sheldon, director of Analytics and Football Research, Chicago Bears
- Adam Beard, director of High Performance, Cleveland Browns
- Panelists will be available following the panel to conduct one-on-one interviews.
- Zebra will also be hosting the "Zebra Vertical Jump Challenge" at the conference. Attendees will be able to see the Zebra Sports Solution in action by wearing sensors and participating in a virtual jump contest. Participants can view statistics from their jumps and compare themselves against other conference participants.
Jill Stelfox, vice president and general manager, Location Solutions, Zebra Technologies
"Tracking technology and the data the technology generates will be a key part of the discussion as it's a topic that is increasingly attracting interest from senior executives across the industry. We look forward to hearing insights from our panelists on how various tracking applications have impacted businesses, leagues, teams and the fan experience."
- Website: MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference
- Website: Zebra Technologies
- Facebook: Zebra Technologies
- Twitter: @ZebraTechnology and @ZebraSports
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Therese Van Ryne
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Zebra Technologies Corporation