Zenverge Announces Immediate Availability of Industry Leading Transcoder ICs Multi-format Transcoder/Encoder/Decoder Architecture Offers Highest Performance, Most Comprehensive Solution
CUPERTINO, Calif., Nov. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Zenverge, a leader in advanced media ICs, announced today the immediate availability of its ZN200 and ZN100 classes of transcoder ICs.
By delivering unmatched performance, quality, and breadth of features at the lowest BOM cost, the ZN200 and ZN100 enable a new range of applications and services previously not feasible. Each product class promises to open up new revenue streams for operators and manufacturers worldwide.
"We're seeing a major shift in the way consumers access, store, share and enjoy their entertainment," said Zenverge CEO Amir Mobini. "With the unprecedented capabilities Zenverge provides today, we are giving the operators, their box manufacturers and CE OEMs the tools they need to take full advantage of these trends and monetize a range of new applications and services while reducing system costs."
Capable of supporting up to 4x HD performance, the ZN200 class of media ICs combines a wide range of encoding, decoding and transcoding capabilities with graphics, DRM, and a powerful host processor.
Products in this family offer a number of industry-leading features including:
- Multi-format, HD to HD transcode and transrate capability at up to 4 simultaneous real-time HD MPEG2 or high-profile H.264 streams or up to 10X faster than real-time for HD to portables including cell phones, iPhones and iPods, PSPs, and Windows Mobile devices
- RemoteGUIDE© server-based graphics and RemoteCRUISE© server-based smooth trickmodes for up to 4 channels of HD
- Multi-format, full-duplex encode at up to 2 streams of HD and 8 channels of SD
- Fully programmable high-speed TransDRM© engine with support for all popular formats including Multi-2, Marlin, Safia, DTCP, WMDRM
- Fully programmable audio transcode supporting all popular audio formats
- Host application and network stack processing at up to 2500 DMIPS
- Dual 1080p60 HP H.264 decode for 3D playback with MVC
- Many IO interfaces including PCI, PCIe, USB 2.0 OTG, SPI, multiple TS and HD/SD pixel ports as well as support for both DDR2 and DDR3
With this unprecedented set of features and capabilities, the ZN200 class enables a wide variety of groundbreaking applications including:
- Bitrate reduction from up to 4 HD tuners for much more recording time on any storage device in DVRs, HDTVs, and Blu-ray players
- Guaranteed Video Quality of Service (VQoS) with extremely low latency over wireless and wired home networks such as WiFi, HPNA, Powerline, ENet and MoCA for up to 24 independent displays
- Low-cost upgrade of MPEG2 STBs for staged operator plant upgrades to H.264 without full replacement of millions of installed boxes
- Simple adapter for STBs to enable high-speed distribution of HD DVR content to portable devices and cell phones
- Single box whole-home HD DVR, NAS or Media Server with support for existing installed base of networked displays such as digital picture frames and portable devices
- PC TV, capture and DVR with high-speed editing capabilities
- High density transcoding, and encoding at low-power for professional headend and network equipment including adaptive bitrate streaming support
- 3D playback in STBs, TVs and Blu-ray players as well as distribution equipment
Zenverge's ZN100 class shares many of the same features found on the ZN200 with a performance of up to 2 HD transcodes. These devices can be configured as either embedded or USB bus-powered secure media co-processors. The ZN100 class is designed to support lower BOM cost for applications where the full performance of the ZN200 class is not required.
Founded in 2005, Zenverge is a fabless semiconductor company devoted to accelerating consumer access to next generation digital content and services. The company is a leading developer of Advanced Media ICs built around the patented ZEN architecture, a core technology for next generation digital media devices. The company is based in Cupertino, California. For more information please visit the company website: www.zenverge.com.