Zoosk's 2nd Annual Football Survey Highlights Single Womens' Thoughts About the Biggest Game of the Year
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- While football may be a popular sport among men, ladies are big fans of the game, too. Zoosk.com, the romantic social network, recently surveyed more than 1,000 single women in the U.S. to determine their thoughts on everything ranging from predictions on which team will win the Big Game to who the sexiest players are and how they would react if a date invited them to the game in Indianapolis. To view infographics of Zoosk's survey results, visit http://blog.zoosk.com/2012/01/31/zoosks-2nd-annual-football-survey/. Zoosk's findings include:
Tickets may be expensive, but women are all for a date that involves a trip to Indianapolis next weekend.
- 91% of single women think being taken to the game in Indianapolis would make for a dream date!
Will "women's intuition" predict the winner of this year's game?
- 51% of women think the New England Patriots will win.
- 49% of women think the New York Giants will win.
Single women prefer to watch the actual game over the ads and halftime show.
- 66% of females think that the game is the best part.
- 20% are only watching for the commercial entertainment.
- 14% of women tune in for the halftime show.
The sexiest players tend to share a field position.
- 60% of single women think that Quarterback, Tom Brady is the sexiest Patriot (with Rob Gronkowski and Chad Ochocinco tying for 2nd place at 13% each).
- 61% of single women think that Quarterback, Eli Manning is the sexiest Giant (followed by Justin Trattou at 14% and Ahmad Bradshaw at 11%).
Tom vs. Eli…
- 55% of single women think that Tom Brady has what it takes to get a 4th ring, despite his injuries and lack of defense support.
Football pools aren't just for guys…
- 34% of single women plan to participate in a pool this year.
Single ladies want Madonna to "express herself" during the halftime show.
- The ladies have expressed their own opinion and say they want Madonna to perform her hit song Express Yourself during the halftime show.
The Zoosk poll was conducted online in January 2012 and fielded 1,012 responses from single women in the United States who use Zoosk.
Zoosk is the romantic social network with millions of singles from around the globe using the service each month. Zoosk provides a fun and social online dating experience that users can easily access from Zoosk's website, social networking applications, mobile devices, and downloadable desktop application. Zoosk is available in 25 languages and has subscribers in more than 70 countries. The service enables users to join, browse, and send a limited number of messages for free. Zoosk users can upgrade to a premium subscription for full access or purchase virtual currency to buy select features and virtual gifts. Founded in 2007 by Shayan Zadeh and Alex Mehr, the company is based in San Francisco and backed by Canaan Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and ATA Ventures.
Zoosk, Zoosk Messenger and the Zoosk logo are trademarks or service marks of Zoosk, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks or names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
More by this Source
Zoosk Celebrates Oktoberfest With Survey That Reveals What Your Brew Says About You
Sep 25, 2013, 09:45 ET
Zoosk's National Singles Week Survey: What It Really Takes To Be A Successful Wingman
Sep 16, 2013, 08:15 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.