PETACH TIKVA, Israel, Jan. 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- ECI, a global provider of ELASTIC Network® solutions for service providers, critical infrastructures and data center operators, today announced record growth in 2017 with a double-digit percent increase in sales along with dozens of new customer wins. This was fueled by continued growth in established markets and marked improvements in key regions like EMEA.
"Our ELASTIC Network solutions have proven to be well positioned to support industry drivers, globally," said Darryl Edwards, CEO and president of ECI. "While our first half saw incremental growth, third and fourth quarter results were particularly strong. The result was outstanding double-digit growth, while many of our competitors reported revenue declines. We expect this growth to continue as demand increases and customers look to optimize current infrastructure investments until the next spending cycle begins with 5G."
ECI continues to play an essential role in providing the necessary infrastructure to handle the growing demand that businesses and consumers are placing on global networks as they evolve. Driving this service provider demand is a shift in focus on new revenue streams from digital operations. However, current infrastructures are not yet optimized for tomorrow's requirements and service providers are increasingly looking to move towards more agile, dynamic networking. This is where ECI's vertically tailored solutions make network transformation simple and painless.
"ECI has demonstrated itself to be a strong value-based partner due to our technical capabilities in a myriad of market environments," Edwards continued. "In fact, ECI continues to enjoy a series of such partnership announcements and key customer wins across the globe. We experienced a 'snowball effect' every quarter, it seemed, and global efforts were just as strong as our EMEA strategic results."
ECI also made good progress in securing several new customer wins and partnerships over the past year that have only just begun contributing to growth. Additional highlights in 2017 include:
- Momentum with top T1 customers in India, EMEA and the former Soviet Union and addition of new T1s
- Further penetration of markets like Research and Education, Transportation and Defense
- 60 customer wins including Rainier Connect, Lepida SpA, Media Commerce and more
- Growth of 400G deployments with key customers across Europe upgrading their networks, including Netcom BW, New Telco, SURFnet and UPC
- Supported several large European utilities in modernizing their legacy networks to packet-based solutions, including AVU Netz GmbH, E.on and RTE
- Won three industry awards including the UTC Impact Award for Best Software, the NGON award for Best Test and Measurement and was recognized among the Top 25 Utility Tech Vendors by CIO Applications, as well as shortlisted for an additional 12 industry awards.
ECI will continue its impressive growth in 2018, and will be showcasing its exciting plans for the future and 5G at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain from February 26 to March 1, 2018, in Hall 6, Stand C610.
ECI is a global provider of ELASTIC network solutions to CSPs, critical infrastructures as well as data center operators. Along with its long-standing, industry-proven packet-optical transport, ECI offers a variety of SDN/NFV applications, end-to-end network management, a comprehensive cybersecurity solution, and a range of professional services. ECI's ELASTIC solutions ensure open, future-proof, and secure communications. With ECI, customers have the luxury of choosing a network that can be tailor-made to their needs today while being flexible enough to evolve with the changing needs of tomorrow.
For more information visit www.ecitele.com.
OneChocolate for ECI Telecom
SOURCE ECI Telecom Ltd.