CHICAGO, Sept. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- The Chicago Flower & Garden Show - which in 2010 is celebrating its 16th year as the iconic Midwest horticulture and landscape showcase - will again cultivate excitement and enthrall crowds when it returns to Navy Pier on Chicago's lakefront from Saturday, March 6, through Sunday, March 14.
Designed to inspire, educate and motivate, visitors will delight in the best of landscape design and see the latest in sustainable and green products. Among the show's 25-plus gardens will be those pairing several of Chicago's acclaimed theaters with top Midwest landscapers in keeping with the 2010 show theme: "Cultivating Great Performances." Among the theaters participating are the Chicago Shakespeare Theater, Looking Glass Theatre and The Goodman Theatre.
Other show highlights include:
- More than 100 hands-on demonstrations and classes. These include container gardening workshops and free educational seminars where renowned professionals offer insights on growing techniques, landscaping and much more.
- The "Marketplace" where vendors showcase gardening, landscaping and horticulture products, including green and sustainable products and services.
- Daily "Garden Gourmet" culinary demonstrations featuring 36 top Chicago chefs.
- A NEW FEATURE in 2010 will be an exhibit showcasing new plant varieties that will be introduced to the consumer market for the upcoming growing season.
- And after a few years hiatus, returning to the show will be "Horticulture Competitions" where individuals can show their passion for horticulture by competing in houseplant, photography and window box competitions.
- Other 2010 highlights include the return of the popular Children's Activity Garden, which made its debut in 2009, and a charity preview benefit on Friday evening, March 5.
Navy Pier is located at 600 E. Grand Avenue. The Midwest's largest tourist destination, it features more than 50 acres of parks, promenades, gardens, shops, restaurants and other attractions. Easily reached by mass transit, there will also be special discounted Navy Pier parking for show visitors for $14.
Show hours are: Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., and Sundays from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Weekday admission is $15 for adults and $5 for children ages 4-12. Weekend admission is $17 for adults but will remain $5 for children. Discounts for groups of 15 or more are also available. To purchase tickets in advance or more information, visit www.chicagoflower.com or call 773.435.1250.
SOURCE The Chicago Flower & Garden Show