AKRON, Ohio, Sept. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- A. Schulman (Nasdaq-GS: SHLM), a leading global supplier of engineering compounds, masterbatches and specialty powders, will showcase several new innovations at Stand 1030 during PLASTIMAGEN Mexico, the internationally recognized leading plastics exhibition in Mexico and Latin America. This year marks the 17th anniversary of the show which will be held October 4-7, 2011, at Centro Banamex in Mexico City, Mexico.
A. Schulman will demonstrate its commitment to the development of new technologies and targeted solutions in more cost-effective ways with these leading applications and products:
- Reinforced Schulamid® (nylon) and Schuladur® (polyester) compounds for metal replacement
- Schulamid® 612 compounds for chemical-resistant application and high heat-deflection temperatures
- Weight reduction through density-reduced materials such as Schulamid® TC and Schulablend® M/MO
- Schulablend® M/MK for surface improvements to avoid painting
- A complete line of rotational molding powders in custom compounded colors, specialty stone effects, foams, and natural powder
- High-technology masterbatches for UV absorption, antifogging effect and light filtering for agricultural greenhouse films
- State-of-the-art additives for BOPP applications such as new silicon grades, high cavitation agents for extreme density reduction and non-migratory antistats
- Innovative products for polymeric surface modification in terms of matte appearance, antibacterial effect, coefficient of friction, antistat effect, etc.
"With innovative products such as these, A. Schulman is committed to providing the optimum solutions for performance, processing and appearance to meet our customers' most challenging requirements," says Gustavo Perez, General Manager and Chief Operating Officer for A. Schulman, Americas.
In addition, A. Schulman will be highlighting its entire portfolio of products as well as enhanced capabilities and expertise in thermoplastics as a result of the acquisitions of ICO Polymers and Mash Compostos Plasticos.
About A. Schulman, Inc.
Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, A. Schulman is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins. These materials are used in a variety of consumer, industrial, automotive and packaging applications. The Company employs about 3,000 people and has 33 manufacturing facilities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. A. Schulman reported net sales of $1.6 billion for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2010. Additional information about A. Schulman can be found at www.aschulman.com.
Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements
A number of the matters discussed in this document that are not historical or current facts deal with potential future circumstances and developments and may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historic or current facts and relate to future events and expectations. Forward-looking statements contain such words as "anticipate," "estimate," "expect," "project," "intend," "plan," "believe," and other words and terms of similar meaning in connection with any discussion of future operating or financial performance. Forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations and include known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which management is unable to predict or control, that may cause actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested by these forward-looking statements, and that could adversely affect the Company's future financial performance, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- worldwide and regional economic, business and political conditions, including continuing economic uncertainties in some or all of the Company's major product markets;
- the effectiveness of the Company's efforts to improve operating margins through sales growth, price increases, productivity gains, and improved purchasing techniques;
- competitive factors, including intense price competition;
- fluctuations in the value of currencies in major areas where the Company operates;
- volatility of prices and availability of the supply of energy and raw materials that are critical to the manufacture of the Company's products, particularly plastic resins derived from oil and natural gas;
- changes in customer demand and requirements;
- effectiveness of the Company to achieve the level of cost savings, productivity improvements, growth and other benefits anticipated from acquisitions and restructuring initiatives;
- escalation in the cost of providing employee health care;
- uncertainties regarding the resolution of pending and future litigation and other claims;
- the performance of the North American auto market; and
- further adverse changes in economic or industry conditions, including global supply and demand conditions and prices for products.
The risks and uncertainties identified above are not the only risks the Company faces. Additional risk factors that could affect the Company's performance are set forth in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and the most recent Form 10-Q. In addition, risks and uncertainties not presently known to the Company or that it believes to be immaterial also may adversely affect the Company. Should any known or unknown risks or uncertainties develop into actual events, or underlying assumptions prove inaccurate, these developments could have material adverse effects on the Company's business, financial condition and results of operations. This document contains time-sensitive information that reflects management's best analysis only as of the date of this document. The Company does not undertake an obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect new events, information or circumstances, or otherwise. Further information concerning issues that could materially affect financial performance related to forward-looking statements can be found in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
SOURCE A. Schulman, Inc.