- Affordable: Customers get a lot more for less including totally revamped packaging and pricing
- Modern: Home in your hands with full smartphone capability
- Simple: Easy to manage home system no matter where you are
- Working with and for you: Featuring highly advanced services like Geofencing
HALIFAX, May 26, 2015 /CNW/ - Consumers looking for simplicity in their connected life at a truly affordable price are in luck as Eastlink dramatically evolves its Security and Automation service.
The idea of the smart or intelligent home has been around for a while but has been largely unattainable for most households. Eastlink's newly re-engineered service – called "Winston" is so much more than the typical alarm monitoring system delivering the industry's most advanced automation at a price the average household can now afford.
"We've learned a lot since we launched home security and automation a couple of years ago," says Eastlink CEO Lee Bragg. "Customers have been clear about what they want – and they want simple and accessible."
Bragg explains that technology partner Alarm.com – recently highlighted in the Apple watch launch - has helped the company bring a highly evolved product to the market that has full smartphone capability while being very affordable.
Along with the peace-of-mind that comes from the ability to automatically receive updates and photos on your mobile device, Winston also offers highly advanced services like Geofencing.
"Geofencing sounds complicated but it's really quite simple," explains Jason Brunt, Eastlink's Director of Home Automation. "For example, if you've programmed your home's personal settings to activate at 6:00 p.m. and you happen to be headed home earlier than that, Winston detects when you are a certain distance away and begins preparing for your arrival by adjusting things like the thermostat and turning on the outdoor lights."
This, and other advanced features, makes Winston a highly desirable service for many households.
Brunt goes on to say that: "With our new system, customers can issue unique access codes to anyone who needs to enter their home on a day-to-day basis. That means kids, the dog walker, even the babysitter can all have their own code, and the customer can control which times of the day the codes are active. This eliminates the need for multiple keys and the risk associated with those keys falling into the wrong hands."
Early feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Here's what some customers are enjoying:
- "I love the fact that I get an email alert with a picture when my kids come home for lunch or arrive home after school."
- "A few years ago, we came home from a weekend away to find our family room flooded. I feel better knowing that now I can receive an alert if and when the system detects water on the floor."
- "Sometimes we leave our garage door open by mistake. We really like that our new system sends us an alert when we've left the neighborhood to let us know the door is still open so we can close the door remotely."
- "I thought that having this level of sophisticated home connectedness came at too steep a price for our family's budget. So happy that's not the case and that we can actually afford to give ourselves peace of mind when we're not home."
For more information about Eastlink's Security and Automation services, please visit eastlink.ca .
Headquartered in Halifax, NS, Eastlink is Canada's largest family-owned and operated telecommunications provider, delivering world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across the country.
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink's advanced services include Unmatched TV featuring Wireless TV powered by Maestro, Personal Picks, and Video OnDemand, Internet Evolved including Cloud services, wireless featuring nationwide calling, competitive local and long distance telephone, home security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming on Eastlink TV.
Eastlink is one of Canada's Best Managed Companies at the platinum level with operations in Nova Scotia, PEI, NL, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia as well as Bermuda.