Both Mayor Daley and Governor Quinn have issued proclamations commending this event.
"I commend everyone involved with this event for their commitment to enhancing the lives of
Abilities Expo features a stellar line up of informative and interactive exhibits, events and sessions. Highlights include:
- An exhibits floor packed with the latest technologies, products and services from exercise, recreational, sports equipment and services; personal care products, wheelchairs/walkers; financial planning advisors; accessible home medication; automobiles and conversion vans; scooters and so much more.
- World-class special events. Attendees won't want to miss yoga instruction from motivational speaker
Matthew Sanford, fashion shows, sporting demonstrations (wheelchair softball, golf, rugby, tennis, volleyball), book-signings and more.
- A compelling, free workshop program on Friday and
Saturday, June 26& 27. Dynamic speakers like Gary Karp, bestselling author of Life on Wheels, will share important facts, valuable resources and practical ideas. Other session topics include transportation solutions, the accessible livable home, new horizons for assistance dogs, travel made easy, making the computer easier to use and much more.
- Fun events for children and families. Clowns, face-painters, jugglers and more will delight children, while family-focused clinics will inform parents.
- For healthcare professionals, there are career-boosting, CEU-earning seminars which address a variety of pressing healthcare issues and take place today (
"We recently held the Abilities Expo in Metro New York and
For more information, visit www.abilitiesexpo.com.
SOURCE Abilities Expo