OTTAWA, March 13, 2015 /CNW/ -
Jamp Pharma Corporation, in consultation with Health Canada, is voluntarily recalling one lot of Jamp-Methotrexate USP 50mg/2mL due to the potential presence of foreign particulate matter.
Methotrexate Injection is administered by health care professionals but Health Canada is also aware that this product may be self-administered by subcutaneous injection (under the skin) by patients at home. The risks associated with subcutaneous injection of foreign particulate matter include local reaction at the injection site and/or swelling or possible allergic reaction and infection.
- Jamp-Methotrexate USP 50mg/2mLby Jamp Pharma Corporation (lot: 7801372), DIN 02419173
Who is affected: Consumers who have this product for injection by a healthcare professional or for self-administration at home.
What consumers should do:
- Speak to your healthcare practitioner if you have concerns about your health.
- Consult with your healthcare practitioner about stopping the use of this product and getting a replacement medication in order to complete your scheduled therapy.
- Report any adverse events to Health Canada.
What Health Canada is doing:
Health Canada is monitoring the recall by Jamp Pharma Corporation and should new information about this recall arise, Health Canada will inform Canadians.
Background: Jamp Pharma Corporation also imported from Onco Therapies in India. Health Canada will continue to assess further impact of products supplied by Onco Therapies Ltd. to the Canadian market.
How to report side effects to health products to Health Canada:
- Call toll-free at 1-866-234-2345
- Visit MedEffect Canada's web page on Adverse Reaction Reporting for information on how to report online, by mail or by fax.
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
Également disponible en français
SOURCE Health Canada