SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 15, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global alternative data market size is anticipated to reach USD 17.35 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 40.1% from 2020 to 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing emphasis on gaining alpha from hedge funds is expected to boost the demand for alternative data. The asset managers from hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity funds, pension funds, unit trusts, life insurance companies, and other BFSI entities are highly inclining to use alternative data to derive predictive insights. Moreover, the use of alternative data for risk management processes is also expected to drive the market growth.
Nowadays, data sources are not limited to transactions, and email receipts as companies are finding ways to extract data from various emerging sources. These include social media, web traffic, mobile devices, sensors, IoT-based devices, satellites, and e-commerce portals. The data analysts utilize this data in correlation with each other to derive various hidden patterns and insights. However, the data collected from some of these sources conflict with privacy regulations such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Thus, the data aggregators and end-users need regulatory compliance, which ensures their datasets are free from Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
Key suggestions from the report:
- Amidst the coronavirus pandemic, the companies are using alternative data collected from social media, mobile phones, applications, wearables, and other IoT-based devices to assess changes in consumer behavior patterns related to purchases and interests
- The credit and debit card transactions segment is anticipated to exhibit the highest CAGR from 2020 to 2027 owing to the high accuracy of the data type and significant demand from asset managers
- The BFSI industry segment is held the largest market share in 2019 as the entities such as hedge funds, mutual funds, and insurance companies are early adopters of alternative data
- North America dominated the global market and accounted for over 33% share of revenue in 2019 expected to maintain its dominance from 2020 to 2027
- Emerging economies, such as India, Thailand, Singapore, and China, are expected to drive the growth of the Asia Pacific regional market owing to the rising use cases of alternative data for predictive risk assessment
- Some of the prominent market players in the market include 1010Data, Advan, Dataminr, Earnest Research, M Science, Preqin, RavenPack, Thinknum Alternative Data, UBS Evidence Lab, and YipitData
Read 95 page research report with ToC on "Alternative Data Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Data Type (Card Transactions, Mobile Application Usage, Social & Sentiment Data), By Industry, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/alternative-data-market
North America dominated the market in 2019 with a market share of more than 33% and is estimated to continue dominating the global market over the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. The emerging presence of numerous alternative data providers in the U.S is the major driving factor. Companies such as Advan, Eagle Alpha, M Science, and YipitData are providing various types of alternative data, including credit and debit card transactions, email receipts, geo-location (foot traffic) records, mobile usage, satellite, weather data, social and sentiment data, and web scraped data. The acquisitions and partnership initiatives from companies such as Nasdaq and S&P Global Platts is further expected to fuel the regional market growth. On the other hand, Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing regional market over the forecast period. This is due to rising use-cases of alternative data in BFSI, retail, automotive, and telecommunication industries. The use of alternative data for investments and risk assessment, particularly from companies in emerging economies, such as India and China, is expected to boost the regional market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global alternative data market based on data type, industry, and region:
- Alternative Data Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Credit & Debit Card Transactions
- Email Receipts
- Geo-location (Foot Traffic) Records
- Mobile Application Usage
- Satellite & Weather Data
- Social & Sentiment Data
- Web Scraped Data
- Web Traffic
- Other Data Types
- Industry Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- IT & Telecommunications
- Media & Entertainment
- Real Estate & Construction
- Transportation & Logistics
- Other Industries
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- The Middle East & Africa
- List of Key Players of Alternative Data Market
- Earnest Research
- M Science
- Thinknum Alternative Data
- UBS Evidence Lab
Find more research reports on Next Generation Technologies Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Smart Manufacturing Market – Growing demand for knowledge-based manufacturing and connected supply chains, which are equipped with advanced control, sensing, modeling, and simulation capabilities, are driving the growth of smart manufacturing.
- Cloud Computing Market – Growing digital transformation among industries, rising penetration of internet and mobile devices across the world, and increase in consumption of big data are the primary drivers fostering the market growth.
- Customer Relationship Management Market – The industry is driven by growing demand for Software as a Service (SaaS) in the deployment of customer relationship management (CRM) suites and solutions.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.