ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At Management Word Americas, Amdocs (NYSE: DOX), the leading provider of customer experience systems and services, today announced the launch of Amdocs BSS Advance and Amdocs Business Building Blocks. Amdocs BSS Advance is a fully integrated, complete business support systems (BSS) offering that provides a holistic view of the customer and features an embedded integration and implementation layer to reduce time to production. Designed to work in conjunction with Amdocs BSS Advance, Amdocs Business Building Blocks is a catalog of pre-tested, pre-integrated innovative use-case scenarios that service providers can deploy to speed new services to market.
Amdocs BSS Advance highlights:
- A complete, fully-integrated BSS offering consisting of key solutions from Amdocs' CES solution portfolio, including Convergent Charging & Rating, Billing & Financials, Resource Management, Customer Management & Ordering. The suite's full integration eliminates the risk and complexity of implementing multiple systems, provides a single view of the customer across the system and leverages a centralized product catalog.
- A new embedded integration and implementation layer and "best practice" product model enables deployment of multiple business processes and use cases, resulting in faster time to market for new products and services. The suite has been pre-tested for functionality and performance across multiple business processes.
- This highly scalable solution meets the needs of the largest service providers, but offers reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) due to the integration and implementation layer as well as support of lower-cost platforms (such as Linux) and virtualization support.
- Beyond the core BSS capabilities that come with BSS Advance, product "add-ons" from Amdocs' complete BSS offering can also be integrated to manage the complete customer experience from the device to the network. These include Amdocs Policy, Multi-Channel Self Service and Proactive Care.
Amdocs Business Building Blocks (BBB) highlights:
- A catalog of pre-integrated and pre-tested software modules designed to address specific business needs. Instead of creating a new capability from scratch, service providers can simply select the appropriate Business Building Block with the assurance that the solution is already tested and pre-integrated to support Amdocs BSS Advance.
- The focus is on supporting innovative use cases that service providers can deploy quickly to differentiate themselves and begin generating revenues.
- The initial catalog of Business Building Blocks includes market offers such as prepaid top-up awards, prepaid discounts and allowances, and data services monetization. As part of its concept of a BBB Factory, Amdocs plans to add new Business Building Blocks to its catalog as they are developed, independent from product releases.
"Service providers know too well they must exploit every opportunity for greater operational efficiency while maintaining competitive time-to-market intervals. The real significance of Amdocs BSS Advance is that it provides a complete suite of business support systems that incorporate an industry leader's many years of experience," said Susan McNeice, chief executive officer of Software Market Insight. "Amdocs has already done the heavy lifting of integration and implementation, taking out the complexity and allowing service providers to speed time to value."
"The rapid introduction of new functionality through the use of Amdocs Business Building Blocks translates our system capabilities into tangible business results, enabling service providers to keep their focus on service innovation and differentiating their business as Amdocs simplifies the enabling technologies," said Rebecca Prudhomme, vice product for product and solutions marketing at Amdocs.
- Learn more about Amdocs BBS Advance and Amdocs BBB
- Keep up with Amdocs news and blogs by visiting the company's website
- Subscribe to Amdocs' RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube
For 30 years, Amdocs has ensured service providers' success and embraced their biggest challenges. To win in the connected world, service providers rely on Amdocs to simplify the customer experience, harness the data explosion, stay ahead with new services and improve operational efficiency. The global company uniquely combines a market-leading BSS, OSS and network control product portfolio with value-driven professional services and managed services operations. With revenue of over $3.2 billion in fiscal 2012, Amdocs and its approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 60 countries.
Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.
Amdocs' Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs' growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs' ability to grow in the business segments it serves, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, however the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2011, filed on December 8, 2011 and our quarterly 6-K filed forms furnished on February 2, May 15 and August 16, 2012.