MACOMB, Ill., Aug. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ameren Illinois President Richard Mark was joined by Macomb Mayor Mike Inman and state and local officials on Monday in officially opening the company's newest operating center. The facility, located at 1505 East University Dr., Macomb, IL, in the city's Business Park, replaces the company's former downtown location, which was built in 1925 and was in need of updating.
"This facility provides us with a newer and more modern space to operate, as we continue our work to build a next generation energy delivery system," said Mark. "We have had a strong presence in Macomb for many years and we're pleased that this new facility will allow us to remain an active part of this region."
The new 42,000 sq-ft. facility will house the company's regional electric and gas distribution services. This is the first new operating center Ameren Illinois has built in 20 years.
"Today's event is a culmination of years of planning and hard work," said Mayor Inman. "We are so appreciative to Ameren Illinois and their continued investment in our community. Having their new operating center constructed in our city's business park only goes to strengthen our long-standing partnership."
"This facility is a reflection of the partnership that exists between Ameren Illinois, the City of Macomb and economic development," said Kim Pierce, Executive Director, Macomb Area Economic Development Corporation. "We are proud that Ameren Illinois is playing a part in our community's growth and development."
New Macomb Operating Center by the numbers:
- 8 acre site purchased adjacent to existing substation
- 9,000 sq. ft. of office space
- 24,000 sq. ft. of enclosed truck shelter
- 21 truck parking spots; 52 employee parking spots
- 9,300 sq. ft. of covered storage
- Site development potential of approximately 14 acres
- Estimated impact of this investment on the local economy:
- Approximately 100 construction jobs created;
- Based on a projected $7.3 million capital investment, approximately 84 direct and indirect jobs created, with an estimated $5.2 million in earnings;
- Total economic impact of $20.6 million.
About Ameren Illinois
Ameren Illinois delivers energy to 1.2 million electric and 816,000 natural gas customers in downstate Illinois, and our mission is to power the quality of life. Our service territory covers more than 1,200 communities and 43,700 square miles. For more information, visit AmerenIllinois.com. Follow us on Twitter @AmerenIllinois and Facebook.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ameren-illinois-opens-new-operating-center-300309400.html
SOURCE Ameren Illinois