BOSTON, Nov. 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AMICAS, Inc. (Nasdaq: AMCS), a leader in image and information management solutions, today announced that it will highlight its enterprise imaging automation solutions at the 2009 Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) annual meeting from November 29 to December 4 in Chicago, IL. AMICAS will be in the North Hall in booth #7124.
"Given the national conversation about healthcare reform, there is an unprecedented interest in leveraging IT to improve the efficiency and quality of our healthcare delivery system. RSNA is the perfect venue for AMICAS to highlight the ways that our proven enterprise imaging automation solutions can help providers improve productivity," said Paul Merrild, senior vice president of marketing and business development at AMICAS.
"We believe that AMICAS provides the best IT solutions for automating workflow in radiology and cardiology and across the entire continuum of patient care. Our focus on image-intensive specialties -- combined with our highly scalable and proven vendor-neutral archive and imaging EMR solutions -- sets AMICAS apart at RSNA this year," said Mr. Merrild.
AMICAS' solutions include radiology and cardiology departmental image and information management solutions for hospitals and integrated delivery healthcare networks (IDNs) as well as comprehensive, end-to-end solutions that automate the entire workflow of a radiology practice or imaging center business. AMICAS' imaging EMR capability complements the capabilities of, and integrates tightly with, enterprise EMR strategies that are underway throughout the United States.
AMICAS' comprehensive solution suite includes:
- AMICAS RIS(TM), which drives administrative staff productivity and revenue opportunities.
- AMICAS PACS(TM), which drives significant improvements in radiologist productivity while enabling improvements in the quality of care.
- AMICAS Telerad, which drives significant improvements in radiologist and teleradiology business productivity, while enabling improvements in the quality of care and service delivery.
- AMICAS Reach(TM), which allows radiology practices and departments to provide unparalleled service to referring physicians.
- AMICAS RadStream(TM), which reduces medical-legal risk by automating and documenting radiology critical results communications.
- AMICAS ECM(TM), which helps hospitals and IDNs consolidate all of their images and image-related information in a proven vendor-neutral infrastructure across radiology, cardiology, and other image-intensive specialties from multiple PACS systems.
- AMICAS Financials(TM), which helps streamline radiology billing and reduces manual billing processes.
- AMICAS Dashboards(TM), which provides on-demand business intelligence to measure and report on the health of a radiology practice.
- AMICAS VERICIS(TM), which drives efficiency in cardiovascular imaging and reporting workflow.
- AMICAS Hemodynamics(TM), which delivers comprehensive hemodynamics monitoring for the cath lab.
"AMICAS is 100 percent focused on providing comprehensive image and information management solutions for hospitals and IDNs, radiology practices, outpatient imaging centers and other healthcare facilities that provide imaging services," said Stephen Kahane MD, president, chief executive officer, and chairman of AMICAS. "AMICAS provides a modern technology platform highlighted by superior interoperability, advanced workflow automation, and, ultimately, the ability to delivery an excellent return on investment."
AMICAS® is a registered trademark and service mark, and AMICAS ONE Suite(TM), AMICAS PACS(TM), AMICAS Reach(TM), AMICAS Financials(TM), AMICAS RIS(TM), AMICAS Dashboards(TM), and AMICAS Documents(TM) are trademarks and service marks of AMICAS, Inc. All other trademarks and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
About AMICAS, Inc.
AMICAS, Inc. (www.amicas.com) is a leading independent provider of imaging IT solutions. AMICAS offers the industry's most comprehensive suite of image and information management solutions -- from radiology PACS to cardiology PACS, from radiology information systems to cardiovascular information systems, from revenue cycle management solutions to enterprise content management tools designed to power the imaging component of the electronic medical record (EMR). AMICAS provides a complete, end-to-end solution for radiology practices, imaging centers, and ambulatory care facilities. Hospitals and integrated delivery networks are provided with a comprehensive image management solution for cardiology and radiology that supports EMR strategies to enhance clinical, operational, and administrative functions.
CONTACT: Aine Cryts, Marketing Communications Manager 617.779.7802 email@example.com
SOURCE AMICAS, Inc.