DUBLIN, Feb. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g7b25m/ams_ambient_light) has announced the addition of the "ams Ambient Light Sensor (ALS)" report to their offering.
ams has adopted through-silicon via (TSV) packaging technology for advanced light sensor technology. TSV technology, with the advantage of having in-house wafer fabrication expertise, eliminates the use of wire bonds and provides a direct connection from the device I/Os to a solder ball.
The TSL2584TSV ALS is only 1.14 x 1.66mm footprint and 0.32mm height. The small size of the TSV package technology addresses the small form factor requirement in wearable products (watch, glasses). ams uses for this device an untraditional and elegant tungsten TSV-last process compared to copper filled TSV used by many other players.
For the light sensing, a very sensitive analog front-end (AFE) is used with a patented dual-diode architecture to transform light intensity into a digital count value. A broadband photodiode responsive to visible and infrared is used in conjunction with an infrared-only responsive photodiode and the two photodiodes channel responses are mathematically subtracted via a lux equation on a micro-controller through the digital I²C interface.
The TSL2584TSV includes an on-chip photopic infrared-blocking interference filter that rejects unwanted UV and IR producing a near-photopic response.
The report also includes a comparison with ams Ambient Light Sensor featured in the iPhone 6s.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Company Profile & Supply Chain
3. Physical Analysis - Physical Analysis Methodology - Sensor Die -- Sensor View & Dimensions -- Sensor Marking -- Sensor Packaging -- Sensor Delayering - CMOS Process - Photodiodes - TSV -- Sensor Cross-Section -- Substrate -- Metal Layers -- Filter -- IC Process -- Photodiodes -- TSV -- RDL & Solder Bump
4. Manufacturing Process Flow
- Global Overview
- Sensor Front-End Process
- Sensor TSV Packaging Process Flow
- Wafer Fabrication Unit
5. Cost Analysis - Sensor Front-End Cost - Sensor TSV Packaging Cost - TSV Packaging Cost per Steps - Sensor Filter Cost - Sensor Wafer Cost - Sensor Die Cost - Sensor Test Cost - Sensor Cost & Price
6. Selling Price Analysis
- Sensor Price Estimation
7. Comparison with ams ALS in iPhone 6s
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g7b25m/ams_ambient_light
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets