DUBLIN, Apr. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Antibacterial Therapies Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017" report to their offering.
The report provides comprehensive information on the pipeline development landscape for Pneumonia, Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Tuberculosis, from Discovery through to the Pre-Registration stage.
This includes an analysis of products by stage of development, molecular target, mechanism of action (MoA), route of administration (RoA) and molecule type. A list of all products in development is provided, including dormant and discontinued projects. Finally, the report provides an overview of key players involved in the development of products in this area, and outlines recent updates and press releases in the field.
The antibacterial drug market covers the drugs used in the prophylaxis and treatment of bacterial infections. With a growing global concern over antimicrobial resistance and its progressive growth, there is a pronounced need for innovation within this market.
There are over 1400 products in active development in the antibacterial drug market, with the majority of products being small molecules. Vaccines are also well established within the market, and accounts for approximately 25% of the pipeline.
Currently, drugs for the prevention of bacterial infections are typically vaccines which help to train the body's immune system to fight off bacterial infections caused by specific bacterial strains. However, several prophylactic monoclonal antibodies are now in the pipeline and may impact the market in the near future.
Drugs for the treatment of bacterial infections are slightly more varied. Most common are beta-lactam antibiotics, such as penicillin, and protein synthesis inhibitors. However, bacterial resistance has reduced the efficacy of many of these drugs. As a result the pipeline includes a variety of new-generation protein synthesis inhibitors and beta-lactam/beta-lactamase inhibitor combination drugs, which are active against currently hard to treat bacterial strains.
- Which companies are the most active within the pipeline for antibacterial drugs?
- Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
- To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
- What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have happened in this disease area?
Key Topics Covered:
2. Research Report Coverage
3. Tuberculosis Overview
4. Therapeutics Development
5. Therapeutics under Development by Companies
6. Therapeutics under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
7. Pipeline Products Glance
8. Products under Development by Companies
9. Products under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
10. Companies Involved in Therapeutics Development
11. Therapeutics Assessment
12. Dormant Projects
13. Discontinued Products
14. Product Development Milestones
- Abera Bioscience AB,
- Akthelia Pharmaceuticals Limited,
- Alvogen Korea Co., Ltd.,
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc.,
- Archivel Farma S.L.,
- AstraZeneca Plc,
- Beech Tree Labs, Inc.,
- BioDiem Ltd,
- BioLingus AG,
- Biomar Microbial Technologies,
- Bioversys AG,
- Celgene Corporation,
- Dafra Pharma International Ltd.,
- Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited,
- Demuris Limited,
- Eisai Co., Ltd.,
- Eli Lilly and Company,
- GangaGen Inc.,
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc,
- Globeimmune, Inc.,
- Hager Biosciences, LLC,
- Hsiri Therapeutics LLC,
- Imaxio SA,
- Immunitor, Inc.,
- ImmunoBiology Limited,
- Lipotek Pty Ltd.,
- Matinas BioPharma Holdings, Inc. ,
- Microbion Corporation,
- Microbiotix, Inc.,
- NEARMEDIC PLUS, Ltd,
- Novartis AG,
- NovoBiotic Pharmaceuticals, LLC,
- Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd.,
- QureTech Bio AB,
- Rodos BioTarget GmbH
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8gfsmj/antibacterial
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets