DENVER, Nov. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- In observance of Veterans Day, all Americans have the ability to support our Service Men and Women by sending a text message and making a $5 donation. mGive, the leading provider of mobile non-profit services, has partnered with six of the leading military support organizations to help raise funds for their important work. Americans can now make a quick and easy $5 donation direct from their mobile phones to help support U.S. troops and honor their courage and service.
To contribute, simply choose one of the designated charities from the list below and text in the organization's keyword to 90999. The donors will receive a text message back asking them to confirm by replying YES. After they reply with YES, the $5 donation will be added to the user's monthly phone bill.
- Disabled American Veterans - Text THANKS to 90999 to give $5. Disabled American Veterans is dedicated to building better lives for America's disabled veterans and their families.
- Operation Homefront - Text HONOR to 90999 to give $5. Operation Homefront provides emergency and morale assistance for our troops and the families they leave behind, and for wounded warriors when they return home.
- United Service Organizations - Text USO to 90999 to give $5. The USO provides morale, welfare and recreational services to men and women in uniform.
- USA Cares - Text VET to 90999 to give $5. USA Cares provides support to military families with grants, advice and mentorship.
- VFW Foundation - Text VFW to 90999 to give $5. VFW Foundation provides for the social well being of veterans of all branches of the armed forces.
- Wounded Warrior Project - Text WWP to 90999 to give $5. Wounded Warrior expands collaborations, partnerships and relationships to better serve men and women returning from war.
The mobile service is being run by mGive.com, the leading provider of mobile services to Non-Profit Organizations. Each of the $5 donations will be charge on the wireless user's monthly mobile phone bill. Standard Text Message Rates May Apply.
About mGive/ Mobile Accord
mGive is a service of Mobile Accord, the pioneer and leader in mobile technology for nonprofit organizations, powering mobile donations in the United States. Founded in 2005, Mobile Accord was the first company in the US to offer mobile tools specifically built for nonprofit organizations. Mobile Accord serves more than 200 of the leading U.S. philanthropic organizations.
In February of 2008, Mobile Accord launched mGive.com giving charities the ability to collect donations and manage their mobile outreach campaigns through the mobile phone.
For more information, go to mGive.com.
SOURCE Mobile Accord