SKOKIE, Ill., Aug. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- August is National Family Fun Month, and a great opportunity to seize the remainder of summer to travel before school's back in session. What's more fun than jumping in the car and taking the family on a last-minute road trip?
Rand McNally, the leader in maps, navigation, and travel content, can help you maximize your final days of summer wherever you decide to go. The waning days of summer provide a great chance to spend quality time with loved ones, and make lasting memories. In fact, a recent survey supported in part by the U.S. Travel Association, noted that vacations have the potential to be life changing for the whole family.
So in the spirit of family togetherness, here are 10 ideas for that last-minute, family fun, road-trip adventure:
- Have a picnic in a national park.
- Drive to the closest water park.
- Open up the Rand McNally Road Atlas to your state and pick an interesting town to visit.
- Draw a 100-mile radius around your house and create a mini-road rally, visiting back roads and stopping in small towns.
- Choose a weekend fest.
- Show your children around your college campus.
- Find a state park and take a family hike – maybe geocaching along the way.
- Pick a museum you've never been to before – and create a scavenger hunt for artwork or artifacts to make it fun.
- Pick a historical landmark or presidential library to visit.
- Go to a farm to pick fresh produce.
And remember, whether you're traveling by car or RV, Rand McNally has your needs covered from trusted travel tools and trip ideas to some good old-fashioned activities for younger travelers in need of limiting their screen times:
- For inspiration for your family getaway, our Best of the Road® Atlas & Guide features 25 vacation and weekend U.S. getaways with ideas for places to stay and attractions to see. Ideas range from beach vacations to mountain adventures and everything in between in the Northeast, Midwest, South, and West.
- Once you make your plans, it's important to keep everyone engaged along the way. The new series of Backseat Books® travel activity books is full of games, quizzes, illustrations, and puzzles to keep kids under the age of 12 amused for hours. Look for the Kids' Road Atlas, Coast-to-Coast Games, and Are We There Yet? travel activity books.
- Various travel gear for children, including sleeping bags, beach totes, and suitcases, also is available at store.randmcnally.com.
- If outdoor travel is part of the itinerary, Rand McNally's Foris™ 850 GPS device can help get you where you need to go while hiking, biking, geocaching, and more. The Foris™ comes loaded with trail and road maps and includes turn-by-turn directions with voice guidance.
See more Rand McNally products at store.randmcnally.com.
About Rand McNally – Rand McNally is the country's most trusted source for maps, navigation, and travel content. Products and services include: America's #1 Road Atlas; IntelliRoute® truck routing software; TND™ truck GPS; HD 100 E-Log devices; TPC 7600 and TND™ 760 mobile fleet management solutions; RVND™ GPS for RVers; Foris™ 850 GPS device; and leading geography-based educational resources for the classroom. Learn more at randmcnally.com
© 2015 RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally. All rights reserved.
Rand McNally, the globe logo, IntelliRoute, Backseat Books, and Best of the Road are registered trademarks, and TND and RVND are trademarks of RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally. U.S. Patent Nos. 7,580,791 and 8,214,141.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141001/149961
SOURCE Rand McNally