FOXBORO, Mass., June 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Axeda Corporation today announced the latest release of its award-winning Axeda® Platform – enabling companies to rapidly connect, build, and manage powerful M2M / connected product solutions.
A cloud based solution, the Axeda Platform enables manufacturers, solution providers, and system integrators to get to market faster with game-changing M2M applications. By providing an out-of-the-box platform, with a feature-rich technology stack, the Axeda Platform allows companies to focus on building applications rather than the core infrastructure - at a much lower cost than internally built solutions.
Connected products such as e-readers, security devices, utility meters, and patient health monitors are driving new business models and significant revenue streams across a variety of industries.
"The Anywhere Network, driven by ubiquitous connectivity, is enabling unprecedented opportunities which represent a $1 trillion global revenue potential by 2012," said Emily Nagle Green, president & CEO, Yankee Group. "Companies will need scalable platforms/middleware that can intelligently process the overwhelming volume of data captured through billions of transactions."
"The trend of products becoming more intelligent, communication becoming cheaper, and the rise of cloud computing make connected products possible in both B2B and B2C markets," said Dale Calder, president & CEO, Axeda Corporation. "Businesses across virtually every industry will be impacted by this - we want to make it easier for them to capitalize on the opportunity."
Over 150 major organizations, including Abbott, EMC, Diebold, and NetApp rely on the Axeda Platform today for M2M / connected product solutions. With the Axeda Platform, companies can:
Connect and Communicate with Any Asset
- Connect with any fixed, mobile, or occasionally connected asset using standard secure protocols
- Choose the communication method (Internet, cellular, or satellite) that meets your application needs, including least-cost communication routing
- Tap into the extensive partner ecosystem to choose the hardware, network, and services provider to complete your connected product solution
Build and Deploy M2M Applications Fast
- Rapidly build applications, extend and customize the platform, and integrate with enterprise systems using development toolkits and technologies provided through the Axeda Developer Connection: http://developer.axeda.com.
- Immediately deploy your applications with cloud-based services
- Take advantage of a complete platform feature set, which represents most of the overall M2M solution
Manage Solutions for Enterprise Scale
- Build one solution and deploy globally, supported by a field-proven platform that manages hundreds of millions of daily transactions
- Rely on a secure cloud platform for connected products - used in hospitals, banks, government and other high security locations
- Easily manage users, assets, and data with administration and configuration applications
"Our platform operates at hyper-scale," adds Calder. "It's designed to manage hundreds of millions of interactions between products, people, and businesses on a daily basis, which is critical to anyone rolling out enterprise-class M2M solutions."
The Axeda Platform is now open to the worldwide M2M developer community at the Axeda Developer Connection: http://developer.axeda.com. Registration is free and includes access to the Axeda Platform for a 60-day trial. Join the community today!
Axeda Corporation is connecting the world's products. Its cloud platform and applications enable manufacturers, solution providers, and system integrators to rapidly build, deploy, and manage powerful M2M applications that drive new business models and revenue opportunities. More than 150 of the world's leading enterprises, including Agilent, Diebold, and EMC, rely on Axeda's VeriSign® Security certified solutions today. Join our developer community at: http://developer.axeda.com and learn more at www.axeda.com.
SOURCE Axeda Corporation