WASHINGTON, Feb. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Babel Street®Inc., an advanced multi-lingual search and analytics software company, today announced the launch of Babel BOX™ (Blended Onsite eXploitation). Babel BOX is a data synthesis engine that is deployed on a classified or private network to support sensitive data analysis. With Babel BOX, organizations can leverage Babel Street's sophisticated linguistic algorithms and advanced analytics to explore data from internal repositories. Customers can also integrate their proprietary data sets with Babel Street's vast unclassified data sources, such as social media platforms, message boards, the deep and dark web, and traditional websites, in customers' own controlled environment.
"Organizations, for a multitude of reasons, have sensitive data that cannot be shared to a public cloud-based or hosted solution," said John Weaver, Babel Street's Senior Vice President of Products. "That data is highly valuable and contains great insights when the proper analytics can be applied to it. Babel Street now provides a solution for this use-case. Babel BOX allows these organizations to leverage our world class, supercharged text analytics technology to correlate and fuse sensitive data with publicly available information through a single tool, helping them identify patterns and risks."
Recent studies (such as CrowdFlower's 2017 Data Science Report and Blue Hill Research's 2015 Study) indicate that data analysts spend up to 80% of their time collecting, manipulating, and organizing data, leaving only 20% to decipher the data and report conclusions. With Babel BOX, analysts can view all of their data, unbound by source, language, sensitivity level, and format, in a single platform. This significantly decreases the amount of time spent transforming data while increasing the depth, breadth, quality, and accessibility of their analysis.
Key features of Babel BOX include:
- Advanced linguistic algorithms - search natively in over 200 languages leveraging Babel Street's proprietary, patented cross-lingual search ontology
- Open platform - integrate with customer tools and data sets so that all available data can be viewed through a single pane of glass
- Scalable analytics - conduct data triage, analyze sentiment in 19 languages, detect trends and anomalies, set custom alerts, visualize data geographically, and collaborate with peers.
- Stand-alone technology - operate behind the firewall without accessing the Internet
- Unprecedented data access – ingest and integrate Babel Street's vast data collections from over 40 unique sources and aggregated data sets.
Babel BOX is available directly through Babel Street. For more information, visit https://www.babelstreet.com or call (703)782-9016.
About Babel Street
Babel Street is a provider of advanced multi-lingual search and analytics software solutions. The company enables customers to identify, analyze, and report on critical information pertaining to their organizations. Through Babel Street's world class technology, users access and analyze millions of multi-lingual and geo-enabled data points emanating from public sources in more than 200 languages at near real-time. By delivering this wealth of information in a single pane of glass, Babel Street helps organizations coordinate research across teams and identify patterns and risks earlier, while also reducing the time and number of tools needed to create actionable insights. The company currently serves many of the world's leading brands in financial services, transportation, entertainment, sports, higher education, hospitality, and government.
Babel Street is privately held and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with offices in London, Canberra, and San Francisco. For more information, visit www.babelstreet.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/babel-street-brings-the-power-speed-and-accuracy-of-its-multi-lingual-text-analytics-engine-to-closed-networks-for-sensitive-data-search-and-analysis-300601234.html
SOURCE Babel Street