Seamless Active Directory lifecycle management reduces the cost of compliance, minimizes downtime, and helps protect corporate data
A single dashboard provides a consolidated view of "WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN" for unprecedented ease and efficiency in identity management. As a result, administrators no longer need to switch between applications and GUIs when following the identity and access workflow, as is common with other point solutions. This integrated approach helps minimize deployment costs and administrator training, as there's just one application to manage and learn.
The Blackbird Management Suite helps enterprises deal with internal security initiatives and industry regulations (such as HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and PCI). It centralizes and streamlines all activities required to provide true accountability for access and entitlement, including granting, monitoring, analyzing, reviewing, reporting and standardizing access. Sophisticated reporting tools provide the necessary proof for compliance auditor teams, and ensure that business data owners have all the information needed to make proper, consistent, and timely privilege decisions.
"Security and privacy issues have a significant impact on businesses," said
Blackbird Management Suite modules include:
- Blackbird auditor: monitors Active Directory (AD) and Group Policy (GPO) changes in real time - tracking "WHO, WHAT, WHERE, and WHEN" for any modifications. Instant alerts notify administrators of critical AD changes that could impact the security or availability of the Windows environment.
- Blackbird privilege explorer: shows exactly who has access to which AD and Windows resources.
- Blackbird privilege manager: brings together data owners, end users, reviewers and approvers - streamlining workflows for authorizing, activating and revoking entitlements, while ensuring all changes comply to security and regulatory requirements.
- Blackbird protector: actively protects against unauthorized and accidental modifications to objects in Active Directory.
- Blackbird recovery: provides real-time change monitoring and recovery to ensure the continuous availability of applications and access rights. Its continuous change log offers an unmatched level of change control, so administrators can easily roll back to any previous state right up to the point in time of the error, and not just from the last backup as with other recovery solutions.
Evaluation software is available for immediate download at www.blackbird-group.com. The Blackbird Management Suite has been released to manufacturing and will ship in approximately 30 days.
In addition, Blackbird offers Blackbird auditor express and Blackbird privilege explorer express. These free community versions offer real-time change monitoring and basic access management for organizations with basic auditing needs.
The team is currently working on companion modules for Windows file system, Exchange and SharePoint, which will be available later this year.
The Blackbird Group will be demonstrating the entire Blackbird Management Suite at Microsoft Tech Ed North America 2009 at booth 727, from
About The Blackbird Group, Inc.
The Blackbird Group is a leading provider of infrastructure management solutions that enable customers to achieve new heights in compliance, while also lowering the total cost of ownership (TCO). The company is committed to helping organizations get the most from their technology investments -- simpler compliance, streamlined governance, increased IT efficiency, greater reliability and application availability. Blackbird's business-focused approach fuses a deep understanding of technology and enterprise systems with each customer's process, workflow, and people to help simplify IT management and compliance in today's complex business environment. Founded in 2002, the Blackbird Group is a privately held company. Corporate headquarters are in
SOURCE Blackbird Group, Inc.