LONDON, May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Global fashion accessories marketplace presents findings of a Pinterest vs. Facebook case study in an infographic
Boticca.com, one of the first ecommerce players to integrate Pinterest across its website, releases a case study with the findings of a Pinterest vs. Facebook in infographic format. The study, based on a sample of 50,000 visits to the Boticca.com website from Pinterest and a sample of 50,000 visits from Facebook during a 30-day period in March and April, covers users' purchasing and engagement behaviors on the website across both popular social medium channels.
In the past month, Pinterest has emerged as the brand's number one social outlet in terms of sales. Boticca has been driving traffic from 'Pin It' buttons on every product page and branded Pinterest boards, often uploaded in conjunction with the website editorial calendar and corresponding to current trends. The site now has 40,000 followers across its 62 branded Pinterest boards.
Summary of Findings
- The research carried out by Boticca.com shows that Pinterest users are not afraid to spend their money - average order value of sales driven by Pinterest to the Boticca.com website has been $180, 10% higher than the Boticca.com overall site average and 90% higher than the AOV of sales driven by Facebook
- Pinterest drives more sales than Facebook (or any other social media channel). Pinterest has influenced 10% of transactions on Boticca.com in the past month, vs. 7% from Facebook, as measured by assisted conversions
- Pinterest users will not engage with your website as much as other social media users. Pinterest users spend 65% less time on the website than Facebook users do and 70% less than the Boticca overall site average
- The bounce rate is much higher from Pinterest users - 43% higher than Facebook and 48% higher than the Boticca overall site average
- Conversion rate via Pinterest is lower than via other channels - 50% lower than Facebook and 73% lower than the Boticca overall site average
The infographic can be found on the company's blog here.
Headquartered in London, Boticca.com is the global online destination for unique jewelry, bags and fashion accessories, creating a unique experience of international discovery by connecting fashion-forward customers directly with top independent designers and brands from all over the world. The globetrotting style hunting team has handpicked more than 260 emerging designers from over 40 countries. The site now offers a selection of over 6,500 pieces in its marketplace, which is curated and edited to illustrate the culture, stories and inspiration behind each of the collections on the site.
Josi Smart - PR & Communications Director - Boticca.com Limited - First Floor, 8A Great Newport Street - London WC2H 7JA - United Kingdom - firstname.lastname@example.org - +44(0)208-133-6501