Grammy Award winner Joss Stone, Indie Folk sensation Beirut among featured performers at TD's Canada-wide Jazz Festivals
- @TDNews_Canada announces summer #TDMusic festival lineup across the country http://bit.ly/1xKEVNK (Tweet this)
TORONTO, May 20, 2015 /CNW/ - For the 12th year in a row, TD Bank Group continues to show its support of music as the title sponsor of nationwide festivals taking place at some of Canada's largest urban centers. This summer's music festival lineups include a wide-range of world-class musicians including Joss Stone, Beirut, Booker T. Jones and Jamie Cullum.
TD's long-standing commitment to Canada's music scene starts the season off on the right note with nine exciting festivals in Victoria, Vancouver, Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax and Calgary. In total, TD supports more than 60 festivals across the country that provide unique musical experiences to customers and communities.
"Our customers love music and so do we. We understand how it brings people together, so we're happy to support a wide range of music initiatives across the country," said Chris Stamper, Senior Vice President, Corporate Marketing, TD Bank Group. "And after a great kick-off with JUNO Awards in March, we're excited to help bring more great music to fans this summer."
TD has a number of outreach projects in each market that provide access to music and creative arts to youth in each community. Programs like Groove & Graffiti, the outreach project for the TD Toronto Jazz Festival, create multiple day workshops to inspire students through music and art, and to give them a platform to express their creativity.
TD is proud to be Canada's bank of music. Through sponsorship of MusiCounts, Canada's music education charity, TD is able to provide access to music and the arts to underserved groups on a national scale.
This summer's festivals include:
- TD Winnipeg International Jazz Festival (June 11 - 21, 2015)
- TD Ottawa Jazz Festival (June 20 – July 1, 2015)
- TD Toronto Jazz Festival (June 18-27, 2015)
- TD Victoria Jazz Festival (June 19 – 28, 2015)
- TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival (June 19 - July 1, 2015)
- SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival (June 25 – July 5, 2015)
- Montréal International Jazz Festival (June 26 - July 5, 2015)
- TD Halifax Jazz Festival (July 8 - 12, 2015)
- Calgary Folk Music Festival (July 23 – July 26)
Music fans can keep up-to-date on all TD Music initiatives by visiting www.TDMusic.com and following #TDMusic on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About TD Music
Since 2003, TD has helped customers and communities experience the love of music by sponsoring major music festivals across Canada. Every year TD supports many music-based community and educational programs. Continuing with its commitment to support music programs throughout Canada, TD is proud to be a National Sponsor of the 2015 JUNO Awards and Live Nation's year-long concert series.
SOURCE TD Bank Group