LONDON, Aug. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- There are two significant features for China feed industry in 2014 as following.
(1) The integration of feed industry has been speeding up. In the first half year of 2014, the feed enterprises encountered widespread losses, with the small and medium-sized feed enterprises closed or being acquired, while large feed enterprises keep growing.
(2) The total output of industrial feed declined, and it is estimated to reach 187 million tons. Influenced by avian influenza, broiler and layer feed output is lower than last year at the same period. The aquaculture in South China was highly affected by the intensive rains in the second quarter, and thus the aquatic feed output also declined year on year. Only live hog and ruminant feed output keeps growing year over year.
Following are the major characteristics for the market of main feed raw materials.
(1) The corn supply was tight and the price increased, yet the supply-demand tension gradually eased since September. In 2013, corn output was 217 million tons, but the quality was affected by the continuous bad weather with low temperature, rain and snow. The state reserve increase greatly, which limited the corn supply in market and lead to corn price increase gradually. The average corn price of the whole nation reached the highest of 2,519 RMB/Ton in September, with the north-east production area average at 2,340 RMB/Ton and the sales region average at 2,603 RMB/Ton. New corn was available from October, and the intensive corn supply released, the market price dropped back gradually.
(2) Protein feed price declined slightly. As the volume of domestic soybean to the port increased greatly, the soybean meal average price decreased slightly, annual average price at 3,760 RMB/Ton, 376 RMB/Ton less than last year; As the aquaculture profits was not good, the rapeseed meal demand decreased and the price declined, annual average at 2,787 RMB/Ton, 38 RMB/Ton less than last year; the cottonseed meal price was 2,845 RMB/Ton as average, 35 RMB/Ton higher than last year. As there was relative high volume of fish meal to the port during January to April, yet domestic livestock and poultry farming declined, the fish meal price was relative low as a whole. Nevertheless, the price rose up markedly due to the remarkable decreasing of Peru anchovy resources after September. Out of the fish meal products, SD 67% annual price averaged at 11,319 RMB/Ton, 1,211 RMB/Ton less than last year.
(3) The demand growth for main additives such as amino acid is limited, but the capacity of main additives such as lysine and methionine kept on increasing, and the overall prices of main additives were lower than last year. Lysine annual price averaged at 8.6 RMB/kg, 2.3 RMB/kg less than last year, the domestic consumption decreased and the exports increased by 26.3%. In the first half year of 2014, methionine price was stable and increased in the second half year due to the reduction of production. Methionine annual price averaged at 45.33 RMB/kg, 17.5 RMB/kg higher than last year.
This report systematically analyzes market performances of corn, soybean meal, rapeseed meal, cottonseed meal, DDGS, fish meal, meat and bone meal, lysine and DL-Methionine in 2014, including supply, demand, trade etc., and also forecasts the trends of feed market performance in 2015.
Comprehensive, detailed and accurate data will be shown in this report as a reference for livestock and feed industry players.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/1155450/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48