NEW YORK, Jan. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Cloud based technology helps in the maintenance and management of a large amount of data stored in a centralized database that can be accessed when needed. It saves a rather significant amount of infrastructural costs. Healthcare industry has lagged behind other industries in implementing cloud technology; however, more companies are coming forward and adopting and utilizing cloud based applications. The applications in healthcare can be segmented into two prominent categories, clinical information system (CIS) which includes EMR, etc. & non-clinical information system (NCIS) which stores information on revenue data, client billing, payroll management, etc. The cloud based healthcare market consists of market for electronic health recorder (EHR), digital pathology, clinical information systems and bioinformatics. Market is further segmented into the basis of deployment models- public, private and hybrid market. It is also divided on the basis of service models- SaaS (Software-as-a-Service), PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service), with SaaS being the most widely used model. This market is highly lucrative and a widespread acceptance for cloud based technology is gaining ground in the recent years. Geographically, North America owns the largest share of this market in healthcare with widespread application.
The cloud market that reached about 130 billion at the end of 2013, is promising significant platform for data storage and application hosting. However, it has not been so popular among the healthcare segment so far. Healthcare information pertaining to patient data is highly
sensitive and healthcare organization end up in paying significant fines in case of data disclosure. So what is making Cloud famous in healthcare right now? Our healthcare experts attribute this is to the following industry trends:
- Technology innovation and quick adoption of mobile health devices (blood glucose monitors, heart rate meters, wearable fitness devices etc), digital pathology (Digital PCR, Digital blood cell counters etc), bioinformatics etc.
- Increasing government initiatives to integrate data across the health care chain such as hospital information systems (HIS), laboratory information systems (LIS), picture archiving and communication system (PACS) etc with electronic health records (EHR) and central database systems.
- Efforts of healthcare industry to move towards paperless process, therefore increasing the adoption of EHR
- Increasing number of companies that are using cloud to store personal health record (an increase over 20% in the year).
- Success stories of cloud application in other industries directly related to increase in revenue, cost- saving tool, effective data management etc.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02577637-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001