NEW YORK, April 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
With almost every Dutch consumer having access to both a debit card and online payment channels, the market is highly developed in terms of both proximity and remote payments. Dutch consumers are highly comfortable using pay now cards to make purchases and bank transfers to make P2P transfers or online purchases.
- In contrast to the high penetration of debit cards, credit and charge cards are held by relatively few consumers.
- E-commerce accounts for the vast majority of online purchases by value in the Netherlands, although m-commerce is expected to record a compound annual growth rate of 22% between 2015 and 2019.
- The Dutch debit card market is dominated by three big players - ABN Amro, Rabobank, and ING - which are so important to the economy as to be tacitly supported by the government, making it difficult for new entrants to disrupt the market.
Verdict Financial's "Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Netherlands" examines the Dutch consumer payments market, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. The report also examines the regulations in force that players must comply with, and how these have changed in recent years.Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage.
- Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years.
- Considers consumer attitudes towards prepaid cards, P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in the Netherlands are deploying these tools to meet customer needs.
- Explores the online payment market in the Netherlands by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
- Considers the regulations affecting the payments market and how they are likely to affect both incumbents and disruptors.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in the Netherlands.
- Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market and plan your strategy accordingly.
- Discover consumer sentiment towards various payment tools in the Dutch market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
- Learn about the key regulatory requirements affecting Dutch payments players and any recent or upcoming changes to those requirements.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03713800-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001