NEW YORK, Aug. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Italian Prepared Meals Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product developments that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
- Better Value for Money will continue to influence product choice in Prepared Meals, in regards to both lower cost and trading-up
- Hectic lives leading to time-scarcity will continue to be the key motivator of Prepared Meals consumption in Italy
- Consumption of Prepared Meals among Italian consumers is driven by the pursuit for individualism
- High quality Prepared Meals which offer new taste and flavor ranges will become increasing popular in Italy
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Italian Prepared Meals Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Italian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Prepared Meals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for Italy and nine other countries to give a global context.
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Prepared Meals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and Italy-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Italian Prepared Meals consumers. This is based on Canadean's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Prepared Meals sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
Market contextBusy Lives and search for convenience are driving Prepared Meals market in ItalyItalian Prepared Meals market is currently at EUR1.6 billion, is forecast to witness marginally higher growth in next five yearsReady Meals accounts for 52.6% of all volume sold in Italian Prepared Meals marketThere were 1,157.8 million Prepared Meals occasions in Italy in 2012, with the highest occasions witnessed amongst Older Consumers and FemalesItaly is one of the fastest growing Prepared Meals market in both value and volume termsItaly is the fastest growing Prepared Meals market among major European economies
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Men marginally over-consume Prepared Meals than women in Italy
Older consumers continue to under-consume in Italian Prepared Meals market
Males are marginally over reliant on Prepared Meals compared to female population
Older Young Adults are most likely to be classified as "heavy" users of Prepared Meals in Italy
Consumer trend analysisBusy Lives and value for money are the key motivations for consuming Prepared Meals in ItalyComparing consumer trends influence on Prepared Meals consumption across major marketsThe Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Consumers increasingly seek Prepared Meals to meet their age-based needsThe Connectivity mega-trend: Italian consumers seek products with which they have a ConnectionThe Convenience mega-trend: The increasingly Busy Lives of consumers is the leading motivation in Prepared Meal choiceThe Ethics mega-trend: Ethical & Environmental issues have limited influence on consumption of Prepared Meals in ItalyThe Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: The desire for new and exotic cuisines will drive the Prepared Meals market in ItalyThe Health & Wellness mega-trend: Health is not a influential motivator of Prepared Meals consumptionThe Individuality mega-trend: Individual tastes and preferences will influence consumption of Prepared Meals in ItalyThe Trust mega-trend: Product safety is becoming a more influential consumption motivator after recent food scandalsThe Value mega-trend: Better Value for Money is among the leading trends influencing Prepared Meals consumption in Italy
Manufacturers are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of Italian consumers
Global innovations on formulation and packaging can be a source of inspiration for Italian manufacturers
Recommended actions- Manufacturers should focus on providing portion size options to meet the value needs of consumers- Manufacturers must provide products that meet both the age-based and lifestage needs of consumers
An explanation of the sub-trends
To order this report: Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Italian Prepared Meals Food Market http://www.reportlinker.com/p02293958/Consumer-Trends-Analysis-Understanding-Consumer-Trends-and-Drivers-of-Behavior-in-the-Italian-Prepared-Meals-Food-Market.html
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001