HONG KONG, Aug. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Cosmoprof Asia 2017, the most important exhibition in the Asia-Pacific region for trends and novelties of the cosmetic world, proudly presents the inaugural Cosmoprof Awards specially designed to recognise the most innovative products.
This is just one of the initiatives across the two venues of Cosmoprof Asia, the show representing all beauty sectors -- Perfumery and Cosmetics, Natural and Organic, Beauty Salon, Hair, Nail and Accessories -- to be held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre from November 15-17. Meanwhile, Cosmopack Asia, to be held at the AsiaWorld-Expo from November 14-16, gives exposure to the entire supply chain of the beauty industry, from ingredients to contract manufacturing, from machinery to packaging.
Unlike other competitions in the industry, Cosmoprof Awards is open to companies from all sectors of the beauty industry attending the Cosmoprof Asia 2017, from exhibitors of raw materials and formulation, to those involved in packaging and OEM, machinery, as well as finished products.
Cosmoprof Awards consists of the Innovation Circle Awards and the Beauty Circle Awards. The Innovation Circle Awards, presented for the first time last year, acknowledges companies with excellence in formulation and packaging, which are exhibiting in AsiaWorld-Expo. Meanwhile, the Beauty Circle Awards, making its debut in 2017, celebrates the creativity and the most successful marketing strategies of exhibitors in the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Both initiatives are organised in partnership with Beautystreams, the company which also designs the display area for the finalists' products. Meanwhile, the design of the trophies is being undertaken by Centdegrés.
Companies can submit their products or projects online according to categories by September 15. The finalists will be announced on September 26 to provide ample time for them to send their products to Hong Kong.
Winners of the Innovation Circle Awards will be announced on November 14 at the AsiaWorld-Expo, while winners of the Beauty Circle Awards will be unveiled on November 15 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
INNOVATION CIRCLE AWARDS JURY
The jury of the Innovation Circle Awards is made up of experts from specialised brands and magazines of the various segments in the production chain. They include:
- Andrea Alvares -- NATURA (Brazil)
- Elie Papiernick -- CENTDEGRÉS (France)
- Joyce Kim -- NYX COSMETICS (USA)
- Julia Wray -- SPC (UK)
- Kilala Tilaar -- MARTHA TILAAR GROUP (Indonesia)
- Lan Vu -- BEAUTYSTREAMS (USA)
- Luc Berriet -- FIRMENICH (Singapore)
- Lyla Wu -- NEUNI GROUP (China)
- Masa Cui -- MARIE DALGAR (China)
- Oonagh Phillips -- BW CONFIDENTIAL (France)
- Sam Cheow -- L'ORÉAL (USA)
- Sarina Godin -- BUTTER LONDON (USA)
- Seung-chuel Kim -- TONYMOLY (Korea)
- Stephane Colleu -- DR BRANDT SKINCARE (USA)
- Xiaojing Huang -- YANG DESIGN (China)
Nightscape is the theme of the Innovation Circle Awards upon which the general mood of the display area and the selection of the best entries will be based.
There are five categories plus a special award by the jury:
- The Make-Up Formula Award -- Includes colour cosmetics and nails
- The Skincare Formula Award -- Includes skincare, hair, toiletries and personal care
- The Skincare Packaging Technology Award -- Includes skincare, hair, toiletries and personal care
- The Make-Up Packaging Technology Award -- Includes colour cosmetics and nails
- The Packaging Design Award -- Includes colour cosmetics, nails, skin care, hair, toiletries, personal care and fragrances
- The Special Jury Award -- The recipient of this award is recognised by the jury as the best among the finalists in terms of innovation, creativity, sustainability and execution
BEAUTY CIRCLE AWARDS JURY
The jury of the Beauty Circle Awards is made up of experts from specialised brands and magazines in the beauty sector:
- Britta Fleck -- GLOSSYBOX (USA)
- Carlotta Jacobsson -- COSMETIC EXECUTIVE WOMEN (CEW) (USA)
- Eva Lagarde -- PREMIUMBEAUTYNEWS.COM (France)
- Flynn Matthews -- GOOGLE (USA)
- Jans Peter Peuckert -- PARFUMERIE DOUGLAS (Germany)
- Jisu Paek -- VOGUE KOREA (Korea)
- Karine Ohana -- OHANA & CO (France)
- Laura Husband -- PURE BEAUTY MAGAZINE (UK)
- Leslie Blair -- VITALITY MAGAZINE (UK)
- Louis Houdart -- CREATIVE CAPITAL (China)
- Michael Nolte -- BEAUTYSTREAMS (USA)
- Roberto Pissimiglia -- ESTETICA MAGAZINE (Italy)
- Stephanie Shiu -- ASIASPA MAGAZINE (Hong Kong)
The award categories are:
- The Make-Up Product Award -- Includes face-complexion, eyes and lips products
- The Skincare Product Award -- Includes face, body, sun care, personal care and toiletries
- The Nail Product Award -- Includes nail care, nail colour and nail art
- The Hair Product Award -- Includes hair care, hair colour and hair styling
- The Natural & Organic Award -- All categories
- The Best Beauty Brand Online Award -- Selected among the finalists of all the above categories based on product marketing impact, and exhibitor's capacity in brand building, promotion and cultivating relationships, social media impact, innovation and outstanding online presence
For further information about Cosmoprof Awards, visit www.cosmoprofawards-asia.com.
For show information and visitor pre-registration to attend Cosmoprof Asia 2017, visit: www.cosmoprof-asia.com
Save the Dates
The 22nd edition of Cosmoprof Asia will take place from 14 to 16 November 2017 at AsiaWorld-Expo and from 15 to 17 November 2017 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Cosmoprof Asia, the premier international beauty exhibition in Asia-Pacific, is organised by Cosmoprof Asia Ltd, a joint-venture between BolognaFiere Group and UBM Asia Ltd.
ABOUT BOLOGNAFIERE GROUP
BolognaFiere Group is the the world's leading trade show organiser in cosmetics, fashion, architecture, building, art and culture. The Group has more than 80 international exhibitions within its portfolio, notably Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna, the most important meeting point in the world for beauty professionals, established in 1967 and held in Bologna, Italy. In 2017 Cospmoprof Bologna celebrated its 50th anniversary and in 2018 Cosmoprof will be held from 16-19 March along with Cosmopack and Cosmoprime 15-18 March. The international platform offered by Cosmoprof, with trade shows in Hong Kong (established in 1996) and Las Vegas (established in 2003), provides a truly global marketplace for the beauty industry where brands may grow.
ABOUT UBM ASIA LTD
Owned by UBM plc listed on the London Stock Exchange, UBM Asia is the largest trade show organiser in Asia and the largest event organisers in China, India and Malaysia. Established with its headquarters in Hong Kong and subsidiary companies across Asia and in the US, UBM Asia has a strong global presence in 25 major cities with 36 offices and over 1,600 employee. We have over 200 employee based in Hong Kong. With a track record spanning over 30 years, UBM Asia operates in 11 market sectors with over 290 events, 28 targeted trade publications, 18 round-the-clock online products for over 2,000,000 quality exhibitors, visitors, conference delegates, advertisers and subscribers from all over the world. We provide a one-stop diversified global service for high-value business matching, quality market news and online trading networks.
UBM Asia was awarded 'Asia's Most Reliable Trade Show Organizer Award' in Hong Kong's Most Valuable Companies Awards (HKMVCA) 2016.
ASIA: UBM Asia Ltd
Ms Amy Ng
Ms Janice Poon
WORLDWIDE: BolognaFiere Cosmoprof Spa
Mr Paolo Landi
Ms Arianna Rizzi
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cosmoprof-awards----honouring-the-most-innovative-companies-300506417.html
SOURCE Cosmoprof Asia