FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Aug. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- D-Link today announced immediate availability of two new iSCSI SAN Arrays, the 1GbE DSN-6210 and 10GbE DSN-6510. Delivering speed and high availability and flexibility in both physical and virtual environments, the DSN-6210 and 6510 provide ideal solutions for small to mid-size businesses, state and federal government agencies, and educational institutions seeking a cost-effective iSCSI solution for their critical server applications.
The DSN-6210 includes (6) 1GbE Copper iSCSI data ports per controller and the DSN-6510 includes (2) 10GbE SFP+ iSCSI data ports per controller for high performance environments, dual-redundant power supplies, and a suite of data protection features for demanding applications, including snapshot, volume cloning and remote replication at no additional cost. With an integrated and intuitive management GUI, this cost-effective network storage solution ensures the system can be up and running in no time, even with limited IT experience.
"These new SAN Arrays build upon the legacy of our existing DSN-6000 family by providing an enterprise-class storage solution with expansion capabilities and unparalleled ease-of-use," said Mike Boschma, director of product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "Beyond the robust features and attractive price point, system integrators will appreciate the ability to mix non-proprietary hard drives including SSD and standard off-the-shelf drives."
Housed in an industry standard 2U form factor chassis, the DSN-6210 and DSN-6510 support up to 72TB of internal raw capacity with 12 SAS/SATA drive bays using 6TB drives. With the addition of up to 21 DSN-6020 expansion JBODs, the DSN-6000 series primary array can scale to over 1PB of raw capacity. The high performance supported by the DSN-6000-series allows users to host multiple processing-intensive applications simultaneously without performance degradation, such as server virtualization, video post-production, backup, and disaster recovery.
The DSN-6210 and DSN-6510 also offer flexible storage architecture for IP surveillance installations and secondary server applications. D-Link's open architecture supports a mixture of non-proprietary SAS and SATA disk drives from various manufacturers, capacities, technologies, and speeds, making the DSN-6000 series ideal for storage tiering based upon application requirements.
The DSN-6000 series offers extended warranty options, as well as next business day hardware replacement while under warranty. D-Link does not require service contracts to access no-cost firmware upgrades, ensuring IT managers receive hassle-free, industry leading support.
About the DSN-6210 and DSN-6510
The DSN-6210 and DSN-6510 each provide a high performance, easy-to-use solution for accessing, sharing, and backing up important data. Additional benefits include:
- Integrated GUI – Provides an intuitive graphical interface for easily configuring the array.
- Green Features Save Energy – The auto disk spin down feature can reduce the power consumption of hard drives to a minimum. This not only saves money by conserving power, but also prolongs the life of your hard drives. The series monitors environmental temperatures so the fan modules respond only when needed.
- Thin Provisioning – Avoid unused storage space by purchasing only the disk capacity actually required. Provision later as need arises.
- Virtualization Technology Support – Supports a comprehensive set of virtualization technologies including VMware VAAI, Citrix and Hyper-V. With VAAI certification, the disk array can offload server and network loading, speed up provisioning of new virtual machines and increase VM density.
- Enterprise Level Features – Includes a suite of data protection features for network administrators, including snapshot, volume cloning and remote replication at no additional cost.
The new DSN-6210 and DSN-6510 iSCSI SAN Array Solutions are currently available through D-Link's vast network of channel partners, including value-added resellers and distributors and online retailers, for the following estimated street prices. Detailed specifications are available online at D-Link's website.
- D-Link DSN-6210 6x1GbE iSCSI SAN Array, 12 Bays, 2U, w/ Primary Controller – $6,062.99
- D-Link DSN-626 6x1GbE Secondary iSCSI Controller for DSN-6210 (for HA operation) – $2,949.99
- D-Link DSN-6510* 2x10GbE iSCSI SAN Array, 12 Bays, 2U, w/ Primary Controller – $6,995.99
- D-Link DSN-656* 2x10GbE Secondary iSCSI Controller for DSN-6210 (for HA operation) – $4,209.99
- D-Link DSN-6020 Expansion JBOD, 12 Bays, 2U – $4,814.99
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit us.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/d-link), Spiceworks (http://community.spiceworks.com/networking/d-link) and the D-Link Blog (http://businessblog.us.dlink.com/)
* A single SFP+ transceiver and one LC fiber cable are included with each of the DSN-6510 & DSN-656 products
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2015 D-Link. All Rights Reserved