SAN ANTONIO, May 31, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- At its annual business meeting, Direct Selling Association today announced that David B. Holl, president and chief executive officer of Addison, TX-based Mary Kay Inc., has been named Chairman of the Board for 2015-2016. Holl succeeds M. Truman Hunt, president and chief executive officer of Provo, UT-based Nu Skin Enterprises.
"I'm pleased to accept this leadership role at a dynamic time for the American economy," said Holl. "We have a tremendous opportunity to demonstrate the value of entrepreneurship and small business that our industry represents as part of a healthy marketplace."
Holl joined Mary Kay Inc. in 1993 and was named chief executive officer in 2006 after several promotions. Previously, he was a Vice President at Citibank, based in New York.
"David is a force in direct selling, and we are pleased that he has accepted this position," said Joseph N. Mariano, DSA President. "I look forward to his leadership as we continue to make a strong case for direct selling in the months ahead."
DSA's Board of Directors also appointed the following members to committee and council chairmanships:
- Annual Meeting Committee: Lori Bush, Rodan + Fields
- DSA Awards Committee: Pam Dean, Thirty-One Gifts
- Communications Committee: Crayton Webb, May Kay Inc.
- Diversity & Empowerment Council: Mona Ameli, Take Shape for Life, Inc.-Medifast
- Education Committee: Dr. Traci Lynn Burton, Traci Lynn Fashion Jewelry
- Ethics & Self-Regulation Committee: Heather Chastain, Arbonne International, LLC
- Executive Committee: David Holl, Mary Kay Inc.
- Finance Committee: Matt Blok, Amway
- General Counsel Committee: Allison E. Levy, AdvoCare International, LP
- Government Relations Committee: Theresa Flores, Mary Kay Inc.
- Industry Research Committee: Pammie Strickland, Ambit Energy
- International Council: Richard M. Hartvigsen, Nu Skin Enterprises
- Member Services Committee: Chuck L. Thompson, Scentsy, Inc.
- Nominating Committee: Truman Hunt, Nu Skin Enterprises
- Strategic Planning Committee: Marjorie L. Fine, Shaklee Corporation
- Supplier Advisory Committee: Robert Cavitt, Jenkon
Former Board Chairman Hunt said, "It's been a rewarding experience to collaborate with our direct selling colleagues to promote the strength of our channel and chart the direction of our association in the United States."
"As I congratulate Chairman Holl on his new role, I also want to recognize Chairman Hunt's contributions during the past year," Mariano continued. "Above all, we thank him for being our moral compass. For his vision and leadership, we are extremely grateful."
Holl earned a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from Clemson University and an MBA from the University of South Carolina, where he was designated the outstanding MBA candidate. In 2008 he received USC's Moore School of Business Distinguished Alumnus Award. A high-resolution photo of Holl is available here.
The Direct Selling Association (DSA) is the national trade association for companies that market products and services directly to consumers through an independent, entrepreneurial sales force. More than 18 million Americans are involved in direct selling in every state, Congressional district and community in the United States. In 2014, direct selling contributed more than $34 billion to the U.S. economy. For more information, please visit www.dsa.org.
SOURCE Direct Selling Association (DSA)