BARCELONA, Spain, Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- Next-generation Dell EMC LEAP content platform enables customers and partners to easily build their own apps or extend existing LEAP apps using familiar micro-services
- New LEAP platform fulfills promise of working "better together" with existing enterprise systems
- Extends value and capabilities of the Dell EMC Documentum content management family by addressing use cases better suited to the cloud and outside the firewall
- Three new LEAP apps deliver enterprise-grade content management capabilities combined with the most intuitive user experience for diverse business use cases
Dell EMC Enterprise Content Division (ECD), a leader in the enterprise content management industry, today introduced the Dell EMC LEAP Platform, a next-generation content management platform featuring a deep set of enterprise-grade content services that allow customers and partners to create their own apps, extend off-the-shelf LEAP apps and integrate with third-party ISVs.
ECD also announced the general availability of two content management apps: LEAP Focus, which allows users to read and review content on mobile phones, and LEAP Express, designed to support digital approval workflows. In addition, ECD unveiled the Beta program for its LEAP Concert app, which enables the creation of a wide variety of documents in a collaborative but controlled environment.
"ECD continues to deliver on our goal of providing anytime, anywhere content management solutions and services," said Savinay Berry, Head of Product Management, Design and Business Development for LEAP and Documentum, Dell EMC. "The LEAP platform is another key milestone along this journey. It's a truly modern platform that leverages our deep experience in content management, yet provides a delightful experience to build and use apps. Along with today's addition of the LEAP platform, ECD will have five LEAP applications available by year's end. The pace of our innovation has created great interest after only a few months in the market and a good number of our key customers and partners are actively engaging with LEAP to extend the value of their existing products."
"We were very enthusiastic from the moment LEAP was presented," said Jeroen Jansen, CEO, Informed Products. "It's something that really fills a gap in our offering. That's why it didn't take us long to decide to invest in building an app for the LEAP platform. We're excited to work closely together with the LEAP team to create our Senate app, which allows users to organize meetings, invite participants, create an agenda and document the decision-making process and its outcome, using their own device."
The LEAP Platform
The LEAP content platform includes the same set of micro-services used to build LEAP apps, now available through a beta program, to enable customers and partners to easily build their own apps or extend existing LEAP apps. Developers will have access to API documentation and tutorials, along with an intuitively designed developer center within the LEAP platform to quickly create apps that complement the Dell EMC Documentum content server by building apps that leverage content on premises or in the cloud.
The LEAP platform provides a flexible micro-service architecture and easily consumable REST APIs that can integrate with existing systems requiring content services or new content applications, including:
- LEAP Content Service - allowing customers to build enterprise content applications in the cloud with a rich set of capabilities that include file uploads/downloads, versioning, folders, metadata attributes, content transformation, workflow processes and enterprise search. The Content Service also includes the administration APIs needed to run applications, including authentication, user and role management.
- LEAP Capture Service - enabling users to embed advanced document and data capture capabilities into custom applications. The Capture Service provides capture capabilities such as real-time automatic document classification and data extraction, image enhancement/processing, barcode recognition and full-text searchable PDF creation– all delivered through a standard RESTful interface without the need to setup any infrastructure.
- LEAP Case Service - powering the integration of the LEAP Courier application with LOB applications, ECM repositories and systems of record. The Courier Service provides case creation, collaboration and export to support integrated solutions and embedding key features and functionality of the Courier application into third-party applications. Future instances will expand case management beyond LEAP Courier to support all LEAP apps.
- Hybrid Layer - connecting the LEAP apps and any other apps built on top of the platform to on-premises repositories and applications. The hybrid layer will make it easy for customers to manage their content in place instead of migrating content to cloud repositories. It will also extend customers' existing investments in the Documentum family of products with LEAP without doing any heavy lifting on their side.
Dell EMC LEAP apps are interoperable with existing content repositories, but engineered to extend and work "better together" with the capability of the Documentum family of content management products. The apps address common, collaborative use cases that are better suited to the cloud because of the need to exchange content outside the firewall in a secure way. Repository independence allows content to still be managed in place – without having to migrate content – unlike other solutions in the market.
The latest Dell EMC LEAP apps join the existing set of solutions that deliver enterprise-grade content management capabilities combined with the most intuitive user experience for diverse business use cases.
"Our goal at GlobeHealer is to put patients at the center of their healthcare decision making and offer unparalleled control over treatment by connecting them to providers through technology," said Dr. Moulick, CEO and Founder of GlobeHealer. "We are excited to utilize the capabilities of Dell EMC LEAP solutions to power the case management requirements of our systems, expediting and securing data delivery and approval between patients, insurers and providers. LEAP Courier supports GlobeHealer in providing patients with information and access to the best care."
LEAP Focus: Optimized Document Viewing Designed for Mobile
LEAP Focus dramatically improves the document consumption experience on mobile devices. It allows for fast, yet detailed reading and reviewing of business documents like sales contracts and agreements on the go. It eliminates the frustrating "pinch-to-zoom" experience by automatically reformatting the document based on selected font size for the device and reduces the requirement to view documents on non-mobile devices. LEAP Focus allows access to an organization's content from any location. Supporting the idea of "better together", Focus works with documents in any repository including, Documentum, Google drive, Box and more.
LEAP Express: Anywhere, Anytime Access to Your Content
LEAP Express is a lightweight app designed to easily browse, access, search and approve all content, no matter where it lives. Express supports multiple form factors including web, tablet and mobile, leveraging the latest design paradigms and security features such as touch ID. Repository independence enables a unified view of all documents and tasks, eliminating the need to jump across different, custom apps to effectively work with content. Express works "better together" with D2 today and will provide a connection to other repositories in the future.
LEAP Concert: Collaborative Document Authoring with Control
LEAP Concert enables the creation of a wide variety of documents in a collaborative but controlled environment. Organizations can easily set up or import a working document to begin assigning tasks on a project. LEAP Concert includes the ability to identify and assign work to be done within the document, includes simple review workflows to allow sections to be approved and completed and advancing the overall progress of the document. Project owners can protect existing content, only allowing users to modify the individual sections that have been assigned to them and by approving all changes. Finally, Concert will enhance the Documentum family experience by working "better together" with D2 for collaboration workflows.
Additional LEAP apps, launched earlier this year include the following:
LEAP Courier: Content Exchange without the Chaos
LEAP Courier offers a new way to power business processes that depend on structured document exchange across organizational boundaries. It provides a consumer-grade user experience for secure and structured document exchange, validation and tracking. It is easily adaptable to different use cases, configurable in minutes without any additional development and connects to Documentum and other repositories.
LEAP Snap: Enterprise Capture for Everyone
LEAP Snap delivers the power of enterprise-grade document capture to all business users by offering a delightful and easy-to-use experience. Its powerful Advanced Recognition automatically captures, categorizes and organizes documents and related document information in real time, turning unstructured content into actionable digital business information. The solution is simple, enabling users to spin up an environment in less than five minutes, and includes an innovative template-design service to start the capture process without the need for any configuration or development. The metadata captured through Snap can be exported to Documentum, back-end systems and other repositories.
LEAP Courier and LEAP Snap have been generally available since June 30, 2016. LEAP Focus is generally available as of November 1, 2016. LEAP Express will be generally available before December 31, 2016. LEAP Concert is currently available through the Concert beta program. The LEAP Platform is currently available through the Platform beta program.
- Learn more about Dell EMC LEAP on EMC.com
- Learn more about the Enterprise Content Division leadership team
- Connect with ECD via SPARK Blog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Momentum ECM on ECN.
Connect With Us At EMC Momentum Europe 2016:
- Social: Follow @DellEMCmmtm, @DellEMCdctm and Dell EMC Documentum and join the conversation using #MMTM16
- Access event photos via Facebook: Dell EMC Momentum
- News: View additional news via the Dell EMC Spark Blog
About Dell EMC
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98% of the Fortune 500 – with the industry's most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
Copyright © 2016 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell, EMC, Documentum, LEAP and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-emc-simplifies-app-development-and-enables-enterprise-content-management-services-in-the-cloud-with-new-leap-platform-300354833.html
SOURCE Dell EMC