COLUMBUS, Ohio, Oct. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- In the newly released film, Hereafter, one character laments how little we know about life after death. In a New York Times interview, director Clint Eastwood states that everyone occasionally wonders: "Is there an afterlife? What is it like?"
Actually, says Dr. Mark Pitstick, a vast amount of documented proof shows that everyone lives on after physical death. Further, this evidence can wonderfully transform the way we live and treat one another.
During his pre-med and graduate theological school studies, Pitstick worked as a respiratory therapist in hospitals. During this time, he was with many people as they suffered and died. Seeing all this, especially children who died by accident or abuse, motivated him to search for sensible answers to life's existential questions.
He became a clinical psychologist and chiropractic physician and established two holistic wellness centers. And for 30 years, he collected all the afterlife evidence he could find. His findings? Death is not an end for anyone but, rather, a totally safe transition to another chapter in life's never-ending saga.
In his book and documentary film, Soul Proof, Dr. Pitstick discusses nine categories of evidence that include after-death contacts, near-death experiences, miraculous events, scientific input, paranormal experiences, religious and spirituality teachings, peri-natal evidence and others.
There are, he says, many magnificent benefits to really knowing that you are a wise, infinite, special and powerful being of energy or spirit. These include:
1. Little or no fear about your own death and that of your loved ones
2. Greater trust about life's changes, even those involving suffering and tragedy
3. A deeper understanding about the questions: Who am I? Where did I come from? Why am I here? Why is there suffering? Is there a God? What happens when I die?
4. More clarity about your soul's missions and courage to share your greatest gifts
5. Feeling close to, not fearing, Creator and realizing your oneness with All That Is
6. Greater appreciation for and care of your body - the temple of your soul
7. Excitement about an eternity of service, adventure, growth and enjoyment
The collective evidence, says Dr. Pitstick, reveals fascinating information about topics that have long puzzled many independent thinkers:
- Is there really a fiery eternal hell?
- What happens to people who take their own lives?
- Why do some children have to die?
- What is it like when you die?
- Do we get to experience just one life or other times and places?
- Will my departed loved ones recognize me when I pass on?
- What is the afterlife like for rapists, molesters, mass murderers?
- Can everyone, even Hitler, eventually experience a heavenly afterlife?
Life on earth presents many challenges and difficulties. And yet, it can be an incredibly rich and fantastic experience when you realize your essence does not die, cannot be hurt, and never walks alone. Deeply knowing this helps you brighten the corner where you are, no matter what is going on around you.
SOURCE Dr. Mark Pitstick