BETHESDA, Md., Jan. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- A leader in enterprise and developer text retrieval software and document filters, dtSearch announces the release of version 7.85 of the dtSearch product line. The dtSearch product line instantly searches of terabytes of text across a broad range of document types, emails and attachments, databases and other web data. The products have over 25 full-text and metadata search options.
dtSearch Desktop, Network, Web and Publish are no-programming-required products for searching content across a desktop, network, Internet/Intranet sites and portable media, respectively. dtSearch's developer SDK product, the dtSearch Engine, has 64-bit and 32-bit .NET, C++ and Java APIs, with SDKs for Windows and Linux, along with Mac and Android in beta.
For dtSearch Desktop, Network, Web and Publish users, the new version offers an option to highlight different search terms using up to 10 different highlight colors. For dtSearch Engine users, the release expands available multicolor hit-highlighting API flags for programmers. The release also includes new builds of the dtSearch Engine for Microsoft Universal Windows Platform (UWP).
The new version further expands the dtSearch document filters built into the dtSearch product line and also available for separate developer licensing. Updates to the document filters include support for certain encrypted MS Office formats and support for EMF Spool (*.SPL) files (relevant for forensics' users).
General features across the dtSearch product line include:
- Terabyte Indexer and Multithreaded Searching. dtSearch products can index over a terabyte of text in a single index, spanning multiple directories, emails and attachments, online data and other databases. dtSearch products can create and search any number of indexes, and can search indexes during updates. The products support efficient multithreaded searching, with no limit on the number of concurrent search threads.
- 25+ Search Options and International Language Support. The dtSearch product line has over 25 search types, including special forensics search options. For international languages, dtSearch products support Unicode, including support for right-to-left languages, and Chinese/Japanese/Korean character handling options.
- Faceted Search and Other Data Classification Options. The dtSearch Engine SDK supports categorization based on document full-text contents, internal document metadata, database content, or data attributes associated with documents during document indexing. The dtSearch Engine also has APIs for faceted searching and other advanced data classification methods.
- Document Filters and Supported Data Types. The product line uses dtSearch's own document filters to work with "Office" documents, PDF, compression formats, emails and multilayer nested attachments, online data and other databases. After a search, the document filters support the display of retrieved data with multicolor highlighted hits. (Document filters are both built into the product line and also available for separate licensing.)
- Federated Searching and the dtSearch Spider. dtSearch products offer federated search across any number of databases, directories, email files and attachments. The dtSearch Spider adds local and remote online content to a search. The Spider can index sites to any level of depth, with support for public and secure online content. dtSearch products provide integrated relevancy ranking also with multicolor highlighted hits across both online and offline data.
About dtSearch, dtSearch.com
The Smart Choice for Text Retrieval® since 1991, the dtSearch product line has over 25 search options for instantly searching terabytes of text. Along with enterprise and developer text retrieval, the company has its own document filters, offering parsing, extraction, conversion and searching of a broad range of data formats. Supported data types encompass databases, website data, popular "Office" formats, compression formats, and emails with nested attachments. dtSearch developer SDKs span multiple platforms. The company has distributors worldwide with coverage on six continents. See dtSearch.com for hundreds of reviews and case studies, as well as fully-functional evaluations.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dtsearch-release-offers-10-color-hit-highlighting-option-for-enterprise-products-for-developers-expands-highlighting-apis-adds-uwp-builds-widens-document-filters-300392842.html