SAN RAMON, Calif., Oct. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- The EnOcean Alliance, an international consortium of 120 companies from the building sector, will announce a major milestone in the development of its interoperable, self-powered wireless technology standard. The announcement will be made at the EnOcean Alliance booth (5125) at Greenbuild, to be held in Phoenix, Arizona, from November 11-13, 2009. At this booth EnOcean Alliance, together with supporting partners Leviton Manufacturing Co. Inc., EnOcean Inc., Echoflex Solutions Inc., Douglas Lighting and Illumra, will demonstrate a broad range of EnOcean-based products for building automation. Many other EnOcean Alliance member companies will be on hand at the show to discuss the standard and exhibit their latest products designed for intelligent building automation and energy conservation.
All of these companies use EnOcean technology in their products. EnOcean's self-powered maintenance-free wireless control systems are powered through energy drawn from movement, light or changes in temperature rather than electricity or batteries. The technology adds unmatched flexibility with lower investment and operational costs for sustainable buildings.
Several EnOcean Alliance promoter organizations will be exhibiting at the show
- Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.--booth 3954--will showcase over 30 self-powered wireless products using EnOcean technology. Wireless controls are part of Leviton's complete energy-management and lighting control solution for all commercial applications.
- Verve Living Systems (Masco Corp.)--booth 5133--will exhibit an energy-harvesting, radio frequency-based residential lighting control system that allows homeowners to control all the lights in the home from a series of self-powering switches.
- EnOcean, Inc.--booth 5125--will exhibit building energy-management solutions based on its new Dolphin system platform, EnOcean's third-generation energy-harvesting radio technology. Interactive hands-on demonstrations, highlighting wireless controls manufactured by multiple EnOcean Alliance members, will illustrate transformational means of integrating automated lighting and HVAC solutions.
Other EnOcean Alliance member organizations exhibiting at Greenbuild include
- Ad Hoc / Illumra--booth 5125--lighting and HVAC monitoring and controls
- Douglas Lighting Controls--booth 5125--EnOcean-enabled remote lighting control components
- Echoflex Solutions Inc.--booth 5125--wireless control solutions for lighting, HVAC and process control
- EMerge Alliance--booth 2252--open-industry association promoting the rapid adoption of safe, low voltage DC power distribution and use in commercial building interiors
- Ledalite (a Philips Company)--booth 5241--EnOcean-based Airwave Lighting System
- Osram Sylvania, Inc.--booth 957--lighting products for home, business and automotive
On-site interviews with EnOcean Alliance executives
Further to this announcement, key EnOcean Alliance executives will be available for on-site interviews with the technical trade press and OEMs with a vital interest in sensor and controls interoperability.
About the EnOcean Alliance
EnOcean Alliance, a consortium of currently 120 international corporations, shares the common goal of standardizing wireless control systems for sustainable building applications. The core technology of the Alliance centers around EnOcean's patented energy harvesting and radio-frequency technology offering self-powered wireless operation in the form of flexibly positioned, maintenance-free sensor solutions. The goal of the EnOcean Alliance is to standardize and internationalize EnOcean wireless technology through the creation of true interoperability between all products produced by the Alliance's OEM partners. EnOcean Alliance is a California 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in San Ramon, CA. For further information, visit www.enocean-alliance.org.
SOURCE EnOcean Alliance