WESTFORD, Mass., Oct. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- EnterpriseDB, the leading enterprise-class open source database company, today announced its participation in several upcoming PostgreSQL industry events. EnterpriseDB employees and PostgreSQL experts will speak to the larger community of database users, developers and administrators at a number of events this fall, starting with the PostgreSQL West 2009 Conference in Seattle, Washington, which kicks off today.
Based on contributions from more than 200 developers, PostgreSQL is the only full-featured open source relational database management system (RDBMS). Recent versions of PostgreSQL have topped one million downloads, with companies in virtually every industry adopting it across myriad applications. EnterpriseDB has combined the price and performance benefits of this community-developed open source technology with the full support of a stable commercial entity, making it a viable option for enterprises.
Three of the leading contributors to the PostgreSQL community are EnterpriseDB employees, including Bruce Momjian, co-founder of the PostgreSQL Global Development Group. Momjian has worked on PostgreSQL since 1996 and is the author of "PostgreSQL: Introduction and Concepts," published by Addison-Wesley. Dave Page is a PostgreSQL hacker and core team member, working mainly on installers and admin tools. Page is also project lead for pgAdmin. Heikki Linnakangas is a PostgreSQL contributor and often presents latest features and developments at open source conferences. Together with PostgreSQL contributor and EnterpriseDB Chief Architect Jim Mlodgenski, these respected industry experts will participate in the following events.
PostgreSQL West 2009
October 16 - 18, 2009
This year the premiere West coast PostgreSQL Conference has been designed to continue to generate awareness for PostgreSQL. EnterpriseDB experts will lead the following sessions:
- Bruce Momjian will deliver a presentation titled, "Mastering PostgreSQL Administration," on Friday, October 16 at 1:00p.m.
- Bruce Momjian will deliver a second presentation titled, "Securing PostgreSQL from External Attack," on Saturday, October 17 at 11:30a.m.
- Jim Mlodgenski will deliver a presentation titled, "Monitoring your PostgreSQL Databases with Hyperic," on Sunday, October 18 at 1:30p.m.
PG Con Brazil
Campinas, Sao Paulo
October 23 - 24, 2009
As the biggest PostgreSQL event in Latin America, this conference will spotlight many world renowned developers, including EnterpriseDB's Bruce Momjian. Attendees will learn about the latest features of PostgreSQL 8.4, what's coming in 8.5, monitoring techniques, security, performance tuning and more.
- Bruce Momjian will deliver a presentation on pg_Migrator, designed for customers seeking to enhance the investments they have already made in MySQL or Oracle databases by adopting PostgreSQL.
PG Day Europe 2009
November 6 - 7, 2009
PGDay.eu brings together PostgreSQL users and developers to share knowledge during two days of tracks, covering all levels from beginners to advanced users and developers.
- Heikki Linnakangas will deliver a session titled, "Welcome to Write-Ahead-Log (WAL)."
- Jim Mlodgenski will deliver a session titled, "Monitoring your PostgreSQL Databases with Hyperic."
JPUG 10th Anniversary Conference
November 20-21, 2009
PostgreSQL Conference 2009 Japan is a worldwide conference for users and developers of PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL has 30% of the market share of Linux platform users in Japan. This Conference will provide an excellent chance to get to know the Japanese PostgreSQL market.
- Bruce Momjian will deliver a presentation on pg_migrator.
- Dave Page will deliver a presentation titled, "Job Scheduling in PostgreSQL with pgAgent."
About EnterpriseDB Corporation
EnterpriseDB, the enterprise Postgres company, provides enterprise-class products and services based on PostgreSQL, the world's most advanced open source database. The company's Postgres Plus products are ideally suited for transaction-intensive applications requiring superior performance, massive scalability and compatibility with proprietary database products. EnterpriseDB has offices in North America, Europe and Asia. The company was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Westford, Mass. For more information, please call +1-978-589-5700, or visit www.enterprisedb.com.
EnterpriseDB and Postgres Plus are trademarks of EnterpriseDB Corporation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Media Contact Laura Sexton Davies Murphy Group 781-418-2417 firstname.lastname@example.org www.daviesmurphy.com