BEIJING and DALLAS, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NQ Mobile™ (NYSE: NQ) a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity, today announced that epay Australia will offer NQ Mobile Guard in major retail locations across Australia, including Harvey Norman and Allphones. epay, a global retail solutions provider, will offer their customers NQ Mobile's award-winning mobile security protection for their Android devices. epay will provide license keys, in-store cards, and sales support to their partners who retail NQ Mobile Guard.
"As a leading global provider of mobile security solutions, NQ Mobile is pleased to announce our alliance with epay," said Gavin Kim, Chief Product Officer, NQ Mobile. "Retailer channels that epay enables are essential collaborators in our efforts to protect mobile users throughout the world by informing and educating wireless consumers about the clear benefits of NQ Mobile Guard. epay will be able to provide their customers with the best real-time security solution for protecting their vital mobile information."
NQ Mobile Guard utilizes NQ Mobile's proprietary, cloud-based security solution, which is used by more than 200 million users in 150 countries. This award-winning technology detects and deletes viruses, malicious URLs, and other threats and has been proven by independent security lab tests, like West Coast Labs Comparative Test, to outperform all competitive mobile security platforms. The NQ Mobile security technology was also a top performer in effectiveness, with a 99 percent malware detection rate, in research conducted by AV-TEST Institute, a leading international and independent service provider in the fields of IT security and anti-virus research.
"epay is excited to partner with NQ mobile. In a time when mobile phones are the everyday accessory for Australians, there is a growing need for mobile security in the market. Users now have more devices, connect to multiple wireless networks and try new apps – they need to be protected," said Shawn Foltz, Managing Director, epay Australia. "NQ Mobile Android security will be available across the epay retailer network from November, bringing the product to convenient retailer locations."
With features that include GPS-based anti-loss/theft, backup and restore tools for your contacts, complete privacy protection, traffic monitoring, and more, customers can keep their mobile information safe and secure.
NQ Mobile Guard Features:
- Fights malware, including spyware, phishing, viruses, Trojans and more. You're protected from the latest threats with our virus updates.
- Scans every app you download in real-time, and uninstalls malicious apps to protect against hacking and phishing.
- Shows your smartphone's security status and delivers anti-virus alerts with the click of a button.
- Password-protects your confidential messages and call logs. Once a contact is added to your private folder, all messages and call logs to and from that number will be automatically hidden and protected.
- Hides your private contacts and messages folder from your home screen.
- Monitors apps that access your private data.
- Allows you to safely browse the Internet without worrying about phishing, fraudulent sites or malware.
- Protects your personal and financial data with anti-hacking and anti-eavesdropping features.
- Remotely alarms and locates your phone when you report it missing from a remote device.
- Allows you to remotely lock or delete information from a lost or stolen phone. Your data remains safe, even if your device is gone for good.
Backup and Restore
- Safely and seamlessly stores your contacts so you can remotely access them, anytime, anywhere.
Device Management and System Optimization
- Provides control over running apps and power consumption.
- Provides real-time updates on data usage.
- Monitors data traffic consumed by your apps.
- Tells you when you've reached your maximum data usage. You'll never have to worry about exceeding your plan's limits.
- Closes apps that run in the background without your knowledge, ensuring your smartphone runs at top speed.
NQ Mobile Guard can be downloaded directly from Google Play. Activation is provided through a license code purchased at any epay retail outlet.
NQ Mobile also offers several award-winning security solutions, directly to consumers, including NQ Mobile Security™, NQ Mobile Vault™ and NQ Family Guardian™.
About NQ Mobile
NQ Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ) is a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and is now a leading provider of Freemium subscription services with approximately 200 million registered user accounts in over 150 countries. NQ Mobile's proprietary, cloud-based security solution has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile threats. NQ Mobile was bestowed the 2011 Technology Pioneer Award by the World Economic Forum for its technology leadership and innovation in mobile security. To facilitate global expansion, NQ Mobile headquarters are co-located in Beijing, China and Dallas, TX, USA. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit www.nq.com.
epay, a Division of Euronet Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: EEFT), is a global prepaid product provider and distribution network – enabling service providers to maximize the sales of their products and services. epay delivers innovative and tailored electronic payment, cash collection solutions including POS systems integration, a full settlement and reporting service and full marketing and distribution service support.
The epay product portfolio includes prepaid mobile top-up, prepaid long distance, prepaid debit cards, e-wallets, gift cards, digital music and other content, lottery, bill payment and money transfer through its sister company, Ria, and transport payment solutions including road tolls and public transport.
epay delivers these products through a worldwide network of approximately 631,000 points of sale at approximately 304,000 retailer locations across a number of markets including Australia, Austria, Brazil, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Poland, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, the UK and the US. Visit www.epayworldwide.com for more information.
MWW for NQ Mobile
Investor Relations Contact:
NQ Mobile Inc.
Phone: +852 3975 2853
SOURCE NQ Mobile Inc.