NEW YORK, Dec. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Asthma is a chronic disease involving airway inflammation, reversible airflow obstruction, and bronchial hyper-responsiveness. The condition is usually triggered by environmental factors of which the symptoms include: difficulty breathing, coughing, wheezing and in some cases a life-threatening asthma attack. Although the condition is not currently curable, the symptoms can be controlled to a more manageable state through stepping up and stepping down treatments according to disease progression.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Asthma across 8 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil and Japan) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Asthma have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
The main co-morbidities associated with asthma include:
- Sleep disorders
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in the global Asthma market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Asthma and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Asthma's prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Asthma which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Asthma patients.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04155358-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/epiomic-epidemiology-series-asthma-forecast-in-8-major-markets-2016-2026-300374135.html