NEW YORK, Nov. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Traumatic Brain Injury in 21 Major Markets
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) or acquired brain injury is a non-specific term describing blunt, penetrating or blast injuries to the brain. Injury can be focal or diffuse. Focal TBI tends to be caused by sudden contact (e.g. blow to the head) whereas diffuse TBI suggests an acceleration / deceleration event (e.g. motor vehicle accident). TBI does not include brain injury which develops as the result of a direct underlying condition which damages the brain (e.g. tumours).
This report provides the current Incident population for Traumatic Brain Injury across 21 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Austria, Poland, Turkey, Brazil, Japan, China, India, Australia and South Africa) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current Incidence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Traumatic Brain Injury have been quantified and presented alongside the overall incidence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Patients with TBI have an increased risk of developing a number of different conditions including:
- Strokes and cerebral haemorrhage including;
o Subdural haematoma
o Epidural haematoma
o Subarachnoid haemorrhage
o Intracerebral haematoma
- Mental health issues such as depression, panic and generalised anxiety disorder
- Amnesia (post-traumatic and retrograde)
- Impaired motor functionality
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Traumatic Brain Injury market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the incidence of the subdivided types of Traumatic Brain Injury and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Traumatic Brain Injury's incident population.
- Identify sub-populations within Traumatic Brain Injury which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Traumatic Brain Injury patients.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04232957-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001