NEW YORK, June 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Highlights
· The goal of this report is to provide an up-to-date analysis of recent developments and current trends in the global epoxy and hardeners market.
· The report provides detailed information on key factors propelling the market, including opportunities, drivers and challenges.
· The report includes detailed forecasting for the global epoxy resin market in terms of value and volume based on physical form, application in end-user industries, and demand by region especially in five main regions, Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, South America and Middle East and Africa.
· The rapid growth in emerging economies, particularly China and India, has significantly increased the demand for epoxy and hardeners over the past five years.
· In addition, with more start-up and small companies in China and India, outsourcing of epoxy and hardener production is increasing, with new manufacturing facilities under construction. Companies outside of India and China are outsourcing production to these regions.
· The scope of this report is broad and covers many different types of epoxy and hardeners used globally in various types of applications.
· The market is broken down by major types of epoxy and hardeners, by region, by application and by curing agents. Revenue forecasts from 2015 to 2021 are given for each major type of epoxy and hardener with their applications and regional markets.
· The report also includes a discussion of the major players in each of the regional markets for epoxy resins.
• The global market for components of epoxy resins reached $7.0 billion in 2015. This market is expected to increase from $7.5 billion in 2016 to nearly $10.2 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% for 2016-2021.
• The epoxy segment of this market is expected to grow from $6.1 billion in 2016 to $8.3 billion at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2016 through 2021.
• The hardener segment of this market is expected to grow from nearly $1.4 billion in 2016 to $1.9 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2016 through 2021.
Chapter 1: Introduction
The global market for epoxy resins has been growing at a significant rate over the past five years, due especially to high demand for their use in structural applications in the construction, automotive, wind energy, aerospace, electrical and electronics, adhesives, marine and protective coatings industries,
especially in the Asia-Pacific and Europe regions. In addition, research and development in epoxy and hardener technologies has resulted in quicker exothermic reaction times which reduces overall production costs.
Epoxy resins, which are thermosetting polymers, are well known for their high-quality performance with mechanical strength, corrosion protection, moisture resistance, chemical resistance, heat resistance and strong adhesiveness. These properties make them useful in various industrial applications. The epoxy
resin market is broadly divided into two categories, epoxides and hardeners or curing agents. Epoxy resins are the combination of these epoxides and hardeners. Different types of epoxies discussed in this report include Bisphenol A, Bisphenol F, Phenolic Novolac and Epichlorohydrin, which, when mixed with
hardeners, provide robust adhesion and tensile property. The application of an epoxy resin with high clarity and high viscosity can provide a durable, polished
resin layer as well as structural strength for a wide variety of materials including carbon fiber, Kevlar, wood and certain plastics and metal.
Major epoxy and hardener suppliers include 3M, Aditya Birla Chemicals, Ashland Inc., Atul Ltd., BASF, Blue Star New Chemical Materials Co. Ltd., Cabot Corp., Solvay Inc., Dow Chemical, Dupont, Huntsman Corp., Kukdo Chemical, Kumho P&B Chemicals, Nama Chemicals, Nippon Kayaku Co. Ltd., PPG Industries, Sinopec Baling Co., and Nan Ya Plastics Corp., all of which are profiled in detail at the end of this report. The Asia-Pacific region accounts for the highest market share for epoxies and hardeners, followed by Europe and North America.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02779327/Epoxy-Resins-Applications-and-Global-Markets.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/epoxy-resins-markets-to-reach-to-nearly-102-billion-in-2021-300474263.html