LONG BEACH, Calif. and DULUTH, Ga., Aug. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Epson America, Inc., a leading supplier of value-added Point of Sale (POS) solutions, and NCR Corporation, the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, today announced integration of the Epson TM-L90 Plus LFC printer, which offers fast, liner-free compatible (LFC) printing, with NCR Sticky Media™ solutions. This solution is specially designed for restaurants to improve efficiency, order accuracy and consumer satisfaction and is available from NCR today.
Coupled with patented NCR Sticky Media solutions, Epson's TM-L90 Plus LFC printer enables customers to quickly print order details and add appropriate labels to orders so food service operators can easily ensure that the right order is delivered to the right consumer, significantly enhancing their satisfaction. NCR's patented family of liner-free adhesive labels offers automatic media type and paper width detection, eliminating the need for special adjustments by the operator.
"Epson is proud to respond to customer feedback and launch new features with our industry-leading, NCR Sticky Media-certified TM-L90 Plus LFC printer," said Tom Kettell, director, commercial channel sales at Epson. "Our printer, coupled with patented NCR Sticky Media solutions, will help our mutual customers improve operational efficiencies and increase consumer satisfaction."
"By working together, NCR and Epson are able to provide restaurants with a great solution to manage customer orders," said Eddie Noel, senior vice president and general manager, NCR Interactive Printer Solutions. "NCR Sticky Media and the new Epson printer give our customers more flexibility and additional ways to gain business advantages. We are motivated to continue improving customer experiences."
Key benefits of the Epson TM-L90 Plus LFC printer with NCR Sticky Media include:
- Improved operating efficiency: reduces the need for multiple receipts, labels, stickers or tape in the restaurant
- Also operates as a standard thermal receipt printer--allowing for the restaurant to standardize on a single printer type for labels and receipts
- Increased consumer satisfaction: improves order accuracy and productivity, shortening lines and increasing revenue and profit
- Reduced waste: eliminates waste from standard label liners
- Reduced downtime: reduces printer jams, increasing uptime
New features of the Epson TM-L90 Plus LFC printer include:
- Support for 58mm label size in addition to 40mm and 80mm
- A new paper-savings mode that adjusts top and bottom margins automatically, reducing extra white space
- A more intuitive on-off switch making it easier for the service representative to determine that the unit is on
- A built-in USB interface in addition to the other user-selected interface, to make it easier to deploy in a different application if needed
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables more than 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia with over 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. www.ncr.com
About Epson America, Inc. Founded in 1975 and headquartered in Long Beach, CA, Epson America, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. For over 40 years, Epson's advanced technology has been at work in millions of POS systems around the world. Today Epson's Business Systems Division continues to bring industry-leading, open architecture, smart technologies to the point of service. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonAmerica).
EPSON is a registered trademark and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. NCR and NCR Sticky Media are trademarks of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and/or registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.