PARAMUS, N.J., March 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Rock Point Associates, LLC, a financial advisory and restructuring services company, opened its doors on March 1, 2011. The new practice serves a variety of industries including manufacturing, real estate, energy, infrastructure, ethanol, hospitality and retail, among others.
Leading the advisory and restructuring initiatives at Rock Point Associates are four principals, all formerly part of the restructuring and transaction advisory services practice at Capstone Advisory Group, LLC. Chip Cummins and Kip Horton both held the position of executive director while Ned Kleinschmidt and John Policano were members. The four have a long history of working together, with all of them holding positions in the Policano & Manzo legacy practice and FTI Consulting.
Each principal has between 10 and 20 years of experience in financial restructuring and turnaround services, providing services including:
- Strategic business planning
- Cash management and forecasting
- Bankruptcy planning and process management
- Evaluating and developing commodity trading risk management policies
- Negotiating debtor-in-possession, bridge and exit financing
- Analyzing debt capacity and capital structures
- Analyzing and implementing restructuring alternatives
- Managing business wind downs and liquidations
- Crisis management including acting as Chief Restructuring Officer or Interim Management
The firm members will continue to combine their vast experience in restructuring and bankruptcy matters with the direct operational knowledge obtained from serving as both interim management and financial advisors. Ned Kleinschmidt notes, "Our experience enables us to arm our clients quickly and efficiently with the knowledge needed to achieve an optimal outcome in a distressed situation."
The new practice will have locations in the New York, New Jersey, Chicago and Washington, D.C. areas.
Rock Point Associates, LLC
45 Eisenhower Drive
Paramus, NJ 07652
SOURCE Rock Point Associates, LLC