NEW YORK, August 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Graham Corporation (NYSE: GHM). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=GHM
Highlights from our GHM Report include:
- Slight Dip in Sales Numbers - On July 30, 2015, Graham Corporation reported Q1 net sales of $27.6 million, versus net sales of $28.5 million in the first quarter of the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. Net income came in at $2.4 million, unchanged from the prior year. On a per diluted share basis, net income was $0.23 compared with $0.24 in the prior year's first quarter. Net income margin came in at 9% in the current year's first quarter.
- Mixed Regional and Industrial Performance - In the Middle East, Asia, and Other markets, the Company posted a sales increase of $1.8 million, $0.5 million, and $1.4 million, respectively; while sales in the U.S. dropped $4.6 million. International sales represented 36% of fiscal 2016's first quarter sales, compared with 22% in the prior year first quarter. Refining sales rose by $1.2 million, or 18%, compared to the corresponding period prior year. Further, sales to the chemical/petrochemical, power and the Company's other commercial and industrial markets, including defense, declined by $0.4 million, $1.2 million, and $0.5 million, respectively.
- Profitability Margins Maintained - Company's EBITDA was $4.0 million and $4.2 million in the current and prior year quarter, respectively, both representing 15% of their corresponding period's sales. Graham's gross profit was $8.0 million, or 29% of sales, compared with $7.9 million, or 28% of sales, in the same period prior year, reflecting a more favorable product mix.
- First Quarter Fiscal 2016 Orders and Backlog - The Company highlighted that the orders during the reported period were $24.0 million, approximately 32% of which came from the refining market. Orders reported same quarter last year was $31.1. Graham's backlog stood at $110.1 million, compared to $114.8 million at June 30, 2014.
- Guidance update - For fiscal 2016, Graham is expecting its sales to be in the range of $95 million to $105 million. Gross margin is expected to be between 26% and 28%, resulting from anticipated lower production facility utilization and increased pricing pressure. Further, the Company is expecting c.45% to 50% of orders currently in backlog to be converted to sales within one year, 5% to 10% expected to convert in 1-2 years and 40% - 45% beyond two years.
To find out how this influences our rating on Graham Corporation, read the full report in its entirety here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=GHM
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.