HARTFORD, Wis., Aug. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- In the midst of the Great Depression, a young entrepreneur named J. Ralph Corbett developed the first melodious door chime, replacing the antiquated door buzzers of the time. His development helped revolutionize the 20th century home industry and launched the company known today as NuTone. More than 80 years later, Corbett's forward-thinking design continues to inspire residential product engineers at NuTone, who are proud to announce the launch of NuTone Knock™, the company's revolutionary new video doorbell.
Building on its innovative product line, NuTone, a leader in home comfort and convenience solutions, adds to its constantly expanding lifestyle convenience line with the NuTone Knock Video Doorbell. NuTone Knock allows homeowners to see and speak to visitors from anywhere in the world in crystal clear HD resolution on their smart phone or tablet. With integrated motion activation and night vision, you'll always know when someone is at the door and have peace of mind that your home is safe and secure, no matter where you are.
"Homeowners have been asking for a multi-function doorbell system that combines the best intercom technology with security," said Jessica Lindquist, Global Category Director, Home Comfort & Convenience, for NuTone. "With NuTone Knock, we offer homeowners an easy-to-install system which integrates seamlessly with their smart phones and tablets, while providing more convenience and security than ever before."
The NuTone Knock Video Doorbell offers multiple advanced features that set it apart from existing video doorbells. NuTone Knock is easy to install, thanks to built-in voltage detection and better Wi-Fi signal strength. The strong Wi-Fi connection allows for farther installation from your router while still maintaining a reliable connection, limiting the need for a Wi-Fi range extender. It's durable enough to withstand dust and water, and is tested from -22F to 122F; no other video doorbell can make that claim. Offering a clean and simple design, NuTone Knock is designed to look great on any home, fits most door mullions and can be flush mounted.
"NuTone Knock isn't just another video doorbell," Lindquist said. "It's both reliable and user-friendly and allows you to have the comforts and security of home from anywhere in the world."
Additional NuTone Knock features include:
- Two-way audio and HD video from your door to any smart phone or tablet around the world, or from the safety of your own home
- Weather resistant rating of IP65
- Night vision camera allows you to see who is at your door in crystal clear high definition in any low light condition
- Motion detection technology will alert you of any movements and record video to the cloud for later playback, meaning you will know who is on your property even if they don't ring the doorbell
- Quiet hours option silences the door chime during nap time, family time or movie night
- Easy installation: connects easily to existing doorbell power and offers a built-in voltage detector to assist in the installation process
- 180-degree high definition camera lens
- Works with your existing doorbell wiring, so a battery that won't work in extreme heat or cold isn't required
NuTone Knock will be available this fall on Amazon.com, Build.com or from your local NuTone dealer and will retail at $249. To find a retailer in your area, visit http://www.nutone.com
ABOUT BROAN® LLC and NuTone
BROAN® LLC is North America's leading manufacturer and distributor of residential ventilation products including range hoods, ventilation fans, heater/fan/light combination units, balanced ventilation systems (IAQ), built-in heaters, attic ventilators. NuTone®, a registered trademark of BROAN® LLC, manufactures and distributes residential built-in convenience products including door chimes, central vacuum systems, ceiling fans, intercom systems, ironing centers and ventilation fans. BROAN® LLC is proud to be an ENERGY STAR® partner.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/from-your-front-door-to-your-phone-reliable-home-security-is-knocking-300506211.html
SOURCE BROAN LLC