NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Most installed geothermal capacity today exploits naturally occurring pockets of steam or hot water, close to the Earth's surface, to generate electricity. Because such conditions are rare, the majority of today's geothermal power capacity is located in rift zones or volcanically active parts of the world where such anomalies are more likely to be present. With a handful of demonstration projects targeting unconventional resources, such as coproduction from oil and gas wells and enhanced geothermal systems (EGS), and new projects proliferating in underutilized areas of the world where conventional geothermal capacity remains untapped, the geothermal project development pipeline continues to expand.
All told, Pike Research has identified 567 geothermal power projects in development worldwide, including new concessions recently granted to developers and fields fast-tracked for priority development by national governments. An estimated 15% of projects have reached advanced development stages, representing 5.3 GW of potential capacity slated to come online by 2018.
This Pike Research report includes a database covering geothermal power projects targeting hydrothermal, EGS, and coproduction resources. The database lists projects by geographic region and provides key metrics on development stage, resource temperature characteristics, expected project completion date, and total capacity. The goal of this database is to provide the best up-to-date summary of geothermal power projects available globally.
Key Questions Addressed:
• Which countries and regions are poised for the greatest growth in geothermal capacity worldwide?
• What impact will unconventional resources (EGS and coproduced) have on geothermal capacity worldwide?
• Who are the key developers and what is their anticipated development pipeline?
• When are key geothermal projects expected to come online?
• How do geothermal projects currently underway break down by capacity, development phase, and resource type?
Who needs this report?
• Geothermal consulting firms
• Engineering, procurement, and construction firms
• Turbine and equipment manufacturers
• Oil and gas companies
• Drilling equipment and service providers
• International development banks
• Government agencies and policymakers
• Investor community
Table of Contents1. Executive Summary
1.1 Introduction1.2 Regional Market Share
2. Project Pipeline
2.1 Overview2.2 Projects by Status2.3 Projects by Capacity
3. Regional Analysis
3.1 Overview3.2 Regional Development by Projects3.3 Regional Development by Resource Type3.4 Regional Development by Capacity
4. Project Development over Time
4.1 Overview4.2 Projected Annual Capacity by Project Status4.3 Projected Annual Capacity by Region
5. Market Segments
5.1 Resource Type5.2 Leading Markets
6. Acronym and Abbreviation List
7. Table of Contents8. Table of Charts 9. Scope of Study, Sources and Methodology List of Charts and Figures
• Geothermal Power Capacity by Project Phase, World Markets: 1Q 2013
• Geothermal Power Projects by Project Phase and Region, World Markets: 1Q 2013
• Geothermal Power Projects by Resource Type and Region, World Markets: 1Q 2013
• Geothermal Power Capacity by Project Phase and Region, World Markets: 1Q 2013
• New Geothermal Power Capacity Online by Project Phase, World Markets: 2013-2018
• New Geothermal Power Capacity Online by Region, World Markets: 2013-2018
• Geothermal Power Projects by Resource Type, World Markets: 1Q 2013
• Geothermal Power Capacity by Project Phase and Resource Type, World Markets: 1Q 2013
• Geothermal Power Capacity by Project Phase and Key Markets, World Markets: 1Q 2013
List of Tables
• Geothermal Power Projects, North America
• Geothermal Power Projects, Western Europe
• Geothermal Power Projects, Eastern Europe
• Geothermal Power Projects, Asia Pacific
• Geothermal Power Projects, Latin America
• Geothermal Power Projects, Middle East
• Geothermal Power Projects, Africa
• Geothermal Power Projects, Conventional (Hydrothermal) Segment
• Geothermal Power Projects, Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS) Segment
• Geothermal Power Projects, Coproduction Segment
Intl: +1 805-652-2626