HUNT VALLEY, Md., Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Trying to determine how to bake, roast and warm multiple dishes in one oven? Planning a perfectly timed Thanksgiving feast brimming with the nostalgic flavors and aromas of the season can be challenging. This year, the McCormick Kitchens have developed wow-worthy recipes that put the slow cooker to work, making everything from homemade cranberry sauce to sausage sage stuffing and mouthwatering apple cobbler.
"Many classic Thanksgiving dishes are even better when prepared in a slow cooker – it gives desserts an ooey gooey texture and allows flavors to fully develop in sides and sauces," said McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. "Instead of using canned cranberry sauce, let fresh cranberries, cinnamon, bay leaves and an orange slowly simmer in the slow cooker. Four hours later you'll have an impressive, sweet-tart sauce to serve with the turkey and spread on leftover sandwiches."
Whether you're hosting Thanksgiving for the first or fifteenth time, at home or away, try these recipes with the pure flavors of McCormick herbs, spices and extracts.
Stuffing Three Ways:
- Slow Cooker Oyster Stuffing – This traditional New England-style stuffing is made with shucked oysters, French bread and smoky bacon and seasoned with thyme, sage and a hint of nutmeg.
- Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing – Favorite Thanksgiving flavors like Italian sausage, sage and rosemary mingle in a slow cooker to create a flavorful, hassle-free stuffing.
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Stuffing – Seasonal ingredients like chopped apples and cranberries add sweet and tangy flavor to this classic stuffing.
Slow-Cooked Sauces & Spuds:
- Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows – A clever version of a beloved favorite. Cook sweet potatoes in the slow cooker with cinnamon and nutmeg, then mash and top with mini marshmallows. Serve right from the crock!
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes - These one-pot, no-boil mashed potatoes are slow-simmered in stock and bay leaves, then whipped to perfection with butter, milk and garlic.
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce – Made with just five ingredients, a crock full of cranberries is infused with sugar, cinnamon, bay leaves and an orange.
Seasonal Sides & Veggies:
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Apples – Cook squash and apples in a mixture of apple cider, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and thyme. Top with toasted coconut for added crunch.
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese – Homemade mac and cheese takes a turn for the easy in the slow cooker. Pasta, cheddar cheese, evaporated milk and ground mustard make for a creamy, cheesy side dish.
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn with Ricotta, Rosemary and Bacon – Season this creamy corn and ricotta mixture with an aromatic blend of rosemary, garlic powder, thyme and onion powder. Garnish with crumbled bacon. Yum!
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Sugar Glazed Carrots - Finished with a brown sugar glaze, this delectable veggie side with hints of cinnamon and ginger is the perfect complement to a savory feast.
Scrumptious Slow Cooker Desserts:
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Pecan Pie Cake – The best flavors of two popular desserts combine in this slow-baked chocolate cake topped with candied pecans.
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Sauce – Top a pumpkin cake studded with chocolate chips with a sticky caramel sauce made up of pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and brown sugar.
- Slow Cooker Oatmeal Apple Cobbler – This dish celebrates the flavors of the season with apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and oats, creating a nostalgic cobbler cooked-up in the slow cooker.
To download product photography, visit the digital press room at www.mccormick.com/Press-Room.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4.3 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/give-thanks-to-the-slow-cooker-300354548.html
SOURCE McCormick & Company