NEW YORK, Aug.24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Over the years to come, biomass will grow within the biopower, biofuels, and bioproduct sectors. About 70% of all biomass in the world is used in the residential sector, while 14% is used in industry and 11% is transformed into electricity, heat, or another energy carrier such as liquid fuel or biogas.
Under the present market conditions, the majority of available renewable power resources including biomass power are yet to become cost competitive compared to non-renewable resources including coal and natural gas. Going forward, benefits from national level programs, energy efficiency incentives, and financial incentives targeting the expansion of the renewables market will create demand for additional biomass power capacity globally between 2013 and 2035.
In rural areas, biomass fuels are mainly collected by users, whereas in urban areas they are mostly marketed after collection by urban authorities or their agents. Urban use is based on the collection and processing of large quantities of waste, mainly by municipal authorities for processing in central plants and distribution by commercial means.
Biomass plants are highly capital intensive, making adoption of biomass technology for electricity generation rather expensive when compared to thermal power generation. Unlike coal, biomass products including wood pellets must be kept indoors to reduce moisture content. As biomass feedstock lacks durability, issues including storage and transportation add cost to biomass power generation, making biomass power generation expensive.
The markets of biomass for energy are developing rapidly and becoming more international. A remarkable increase in the use of biomass for energy needs parallel and positive development in several areas and there will be plenty of challenges to overcome. Currently, only a limited number of modern bioenergy technologies are viable at market prices, which include Brazilian sugar-based ethanol and wood based heating in Northern Europe, and industrial applications such as cogeneration technology based on residues from production processes, including those in sugar factories and timber mills.
As biomass power projects are largely very capital-intensive, this remains a significant challenge for a number of utilities in entering countries with abundant feedstock availability. Going forward, the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) program and availability of carbon credits for renewable energy projects will drive the growth of the biomass power market.
In this industry scenario Taiyou Research analyzes the Global Biomass Industry. The report contains the following:
- An introduction to what is biomass and the various conversion processes for biomass to energy. Environmental impact of using biomass is also analyzed.
- An analysis of the challenges facing the global power industry and why the world needs biomass power. We analyze the global electricity market through electricity net generation and installed electricity capacity. Importance of renewable resources is analyzed along with installed electricity from renewable sources. The use of biomass for generating energy is looked at along with the likely fall in prices of biomass power.
- Outlook for the global biomass industry including an outlook for the global electricity market, outlook for the global renewables sector, outlook for the global biomass power market, and an outlook for the global biomass resource.
- An analysis of the potential of biomass resource by country. Countries analyzed in this section include Finland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, and the UK.
- Impacts on the global biomass power industry are analyzed through the challenges facing the market and the factors driving the market.
- Moving to the biomass power industry analysis by country, we analyze the following countries: Australia, Brazil, China, Finland, Germany, India, Italy, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
- For each market we analyze the industry profile, market statistics, biomass feedstock in the country, biomass industry regulations, competition in the industry including the major industry players, and an industry forecast.
- An analysis of the major players in the global biomass industry is included. Players are analyzed through a company overview, an analysis of their businesses, and a SWOT analysis. We analyze over 25 global players in our report.
Taiyou Research's report Global Biomass Market Forecast – Assessment of Opportunities, Trends & Challenges 2013-2023 is a complete analytical presentation of this high growth industry.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02855275-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001