NEW YORK, Aug. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Butadiene, an organic compound, is obtained as a by-product during the production of ethylene and propylene. Conventionally, butadiene was produced through steam cracking of naphtha followed by extractive distillation. Dehydrogenation of butane or ethanol is also one of the processes used for producing butadiene. On account of high cost involved in producing butadiene by conventional methods and recent discoveries shale gas, especially in the United States, producers are shifting to using lighter feedstock, such as ethane and propane, for producing butadiene. Synthetic rubber industry is the largest consumer of butadiene, wherein it is processed for producing derivatives such as Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR), Polybutadiene Rubber (PBR), Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Resins (ABS), Styrene Butadiene Latex (SB Latex), Adiponitrile, and Nitrile Rubber (NR). These derivatives are majorly used across automotive sector for manufacturing tyres and other components.
According to TechSci Research report "Global Butadiene Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020", global butadiene market is forecast to cross 13 million metric tons in volume terms by 2020, on account of rising investments and expanding synthetic rubber manufacturing sector. In addition, growing automotive industry, especially in Asia-Pacific, is projected to drive the market for butadiene over the next five years. SBR and PBR are two prime derivatives that accounted for a lion's share of the total butadiene consumption in 2014. Few of the major global players involved in butadiene production include Lyondel Basell, Royal Dutch Shell, TPC Group, BASF and Braskem. "Global Butadiene Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020" report elaborates following aspects related to global butadiene market:
- Global Butadiene Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – By Application (Elastomers and Others) and Derivative (Adiponitrile, SB Latex, ABS Resin, SBR and PBR)
- Regional Analysis (Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe & Others)
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of global butadiene market
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth over the next five years
- To help industry consultants, butadiene manufacturers, vendors and dealers align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with butadieneproducers, distributors and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and other proprietary databases.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03101132-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001